Chapter Ten

No A/N this time!!

Season 3 Episode 12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what colleges have you been interested in?" The guidance counselor asked, regaining my attention.

"Uh, none really... I haven't really looked at anywhere. Maybe I'll get a basketball scholarship from somewhere?" I said, admitting that I haven't thought once about what I wanted to do with my life after high school ended.

"Well, what types of things interest you?" She asked, rummaging through papers on her desk.

I shrugged, "Basketball... I really enjoy music too. I sing to be honest, but no one really knows that." I replied, realizing that tomorrow was the benefit concert and then most of the town will know. "Maybe just join the military until I could afford college, I heard they have good benefits." I suggested.

She then handed me some pamphlets, all of them being a different branches of the military. I smirked a little, but then it fell... wondering how Haley would react, or Brooke, Luke, and Peyton... I sighed, heading out the door.

***

As I walked with Haley, she talked about how she might apply to Duke in order to stay close to Nathan.

"What about you? We never really talked about that kind of stuff..." She pouted, looking down.

"Come on, Hales."I said, wrapping an arm over her shoulder, "Whatever happens we'll just figure it out together, right?" I smiled, giving her a peck on the head.

"Aw, isn't that sweet. Family bonding." Dan mocked.

"More of a family than you've ever had." I said sternly, tightening my arm around Haley.

He shook his head, "How's my record coming along? Since Nathan is paying for it, and I pay his allowance, it's mine." He paused, and sarcastically said, "Oh no, he didn't tell you. Funny, I thought married couples were honest with one another." He turned and walked away.

Nathan then appeared, noticing Haley's tension. I explained what all had just happened, which caused Nathan to storm over to his father. They bickered for a bit and then Nathan returned.

"I've heard you speak dad, I'm better off skipping your class." He said, walking away.

***

Tonight was another game, but I was still currently at home giving Keith crap about his first date with Karen tonight.

"Now, I've known Karen all my life so you better be a gentlemen." I said, trying to be a tough guy.

"I give you a home, and you are on HER side." he says, pretending to be hurt.

"You... you do have a point. But, you should still be a gentlemen. Don't blow it." I said, giving him a pat on the back before heading to the gym.

***

As the cheerleaders entered during pregame, I found myself feeling really awkward as Brooke and Peyton walked in. I turned my attention away, called for the ball, and drained my shot.

The starters were taking the court, however, Nathan took a spot on the bench. Probably for skipping Dan's "class" earlier today.

"Hey, we gotta step up our game without Nate. He doesn't make the team, but you and I both know he's a big part of it." Lucas said, giving me a fist bump.

I sighed and then the game had begun. All through the game, Lucas and I were working extra hard to keep the game close. He would shoot from behind the arc, and I would take it inside for layups and dunks. Then, it was halftime.

That's when Lucas and I tried to convince Whitey to allow Nathan in the game, which obviously failed. Back on the court we were down my one, 7 seconds left, when Whitey called a time-out. He gave this big speech about making these next 7 moments count, and to turn the season around "Ravens on three, 1-2-3,"

"Ravens!"

Before getting to our places, Nathan called Luke and I over. He told Luke to use the dead spot to get a steal while I start heading up court, then Luke would pass it and I would drain it in. We all smiled at each other and headed out. I sighed, taking a quick glance to Haley, Brooke, and Peyton. I nodded my head, and focused back on the game.

It was passed in, and our defense was playing really tight to their players.

5 seconds...

Their guy elbowed Lucas in the chest, but still headed right to the dead spot. Lucas finally made his move, and got the ball from under him.

3 seconds...

I made my way, just a little passed half court when Lucas finally launched the ball to me.

2 seconds...

I ran as fast as I could and jumped as high as my body allowed me, jamming the ball into the net.

Game over... Ravens win!

The crowd erupted with cheers and claps. The team rushed to Lucas and I, hoisting us up. Luke and I made eye-contact, and high fived with enormous smiles on our faces.

***

The moment Luke came out of the locker room, Brooke was there to congratulate him. That's when it hit me... he didn't take his pills with me before the game. My thoughts were stopped when Lucas called both Nathan and I over to talk to a college scout who was at the game tonight.

Maybe college would work out for me after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I am not really sure why, but I really enjoyed writing this chapter!!

Anyway xD

Thank you all for keeping up, I notice the reads/views go up everytime that I check them!

till next time!

*kelsey*