Season 8, Ep 5&6

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY I GOT SIDE TRACKED!

I have recently started my own blog and have been making daily posts... so after this chapter I'll be sharing the website with you!

For now, let's get back to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at the river court this morning, just dribbling around and testing things out. Hearing Nathan was about to walk away from the game, so it got me here. I missed it. The more things I did, the better it felt... it was like I had never stopped playing to begin with. The better I felt, then I got more intense and faster with the things I did. I had just released a shot into the air when a voice broke the air.

"Tobin James! Out of the retirement!" Nathan teased with a smile.

I let out a laugh and joined him at the picnic table. "Nah, I missed that chance! It definitely feels good though."

"Ever think about giving it another shot? I mean, I did and look where it got me!" Nathan advised, "Something to think about."

I took a deep breath in thought, "I don't know, Nate... with everything going on?

"I know." Nathan nodded in agreement, "No matter what it is, it would be a shame for you not to give it a shot."

He gave me a pat on the back, and one of his smiles, before heading off. I took a quick breath and went back to shooting around.

***

I returned home later in the day, only to walk in on a sad Brooke.

"Only you can make sad look beautiful, Brooke Davis." I grinned, "What is it?"

"I told my mom that I sold the company... she called me stupid."

"Yeah, well, you're mom can be a real bitch sometimes." I sighed, seeing that she gave me her 'look'. "Okay, let me get this straight... SHE made a mistake with YOUR company, a company that YOU built that you are now going to sell in order to payback all of these people in order to FIX your mother's mistake. Do I have all of that right?"

I paused, waiting for Brooke to give me a nod. "So, are you going to go tell her how screwed up that is or am I?"

She just gave a half smirk before placing a loving kiss onto my lips.

***

I joined Brooke at home after she had conducted her press conference. She was sad, once again, looking through what was once a full binder of wedding ideas.

"It looks like we're gonna have to rid of the delicious cupcakes for our wedding..." She pouted.

"I didn't tell you how proud I was of you today. Or how excited I am to marry you, even if it's for a second time." I smiled, kissing her on her head.

"It's better this time though, right?" She pouted.

"The best." I smirked. "Come to bed, my love."

***

"Good morning, beautiful." I smiled, finding Brooke slouched on the couch.

"I'm not feeling very beautiful..." She sighed.

"Oh, well, let me just go grab a mirror so your reflection can change that." I scoffed.

"Stop." She rolled her eyes, "I don't feel very good about myself right now."

I placed my hands on her shoulders, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about... it's gone."

"No it isn't."

"Tobin, I sold the company."

"Okay, but is that what made the company successful?" I stated, "No, it isn't... your talent built that company. All of that is still in your head and heart, there's no way to sign that away. The best part of all of this, it's Halloween! So, be whoever you want to be today." I smiled.

Finally, she smiled back at me and placed a kiss onto my lips.

***

Somehow, I found myself at lunch with Olivia in order for her and Brooke to meet. Ever since the letter from my mother, Lydia, I have been spending more and more time with her in order to make amends.

"So, do you like her? I know you don't know her or anything but..." I said, all smiley, breaking the silence.

"She seems lovely." Olivia stated.

I smiled back just as Brooke joined us.

"I'm sorry I am late, but I wanted to stop and get this! It's just a book of ideas we have, and I figured we could bond by looking through it." Brooke smiled, handing Olivia the book.

"That's sweet." Olivia replied, "But I know these aren't your first choices! Tobin said you took a lot of stuff out."

"Well, we can't afford most of it any more." Brooke sighed.

Olivia shook her head, "Nonsense, put them all back in here!"

"You know we can't do that... I told you what happened." I informed.

"Well, none of that matters when I'm going to pay for it."

***

I showed up to the Halloween party, dressed as Aladdin once again.

"Aladdin? Again? Really, Brooke?" I laughed.

"Yes! Because you get to show off that body." She smirked, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Behave you two!" Haley teased, giving me a quick hug.

"Being yourself in high school? Real original!" I mocked back.

She punched me in return, "Says the thief!"

"Hey, maybe I'll get lucky enough and Brooke will dig up her old costume too." I winked.

That only got me a smack from both Haley and Brooke. "Okay, maybe not!"

---

"Okay, it's over!" I laughed at Haley.

"Clown band... why?" Haley pouted.

"Oh, relax! Final act coming up! Number 23, too bad 19 wasn't too good." I teased.

Haley rolled her eyes and turned to the stage as the singer was amazing. She said her goodbyes and headed backstage just as Brooke joined.

I smiled at her, "Dance with me, Brooke Davis."

"Only with you, Tobin James." She replied, giving me yet another kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Again, I am super sorry for being gone for so long!

That being said, I would totally love it if you guys followed my blog as well!

medium.com/@kelseyetter

till next time!

*kelsey*