Part Five

A/N: 

Super sorry I didn't update yesterday! I was busy with my brother and then had a little friend get together!!

Anyway, here ya go!

S5E5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**3 years ago**

It was the division championship game for our college team. Everything that Lucas and Whitey had taught us would be tested tonight. We started out on fire as I set the ball up to Nathan for him to Alley-Oop it into the hoop. Our next possession he was double teamed so he sent it back to me and from behind the arc I drained a 3-pointer. I was about to take another shot but was fouled hard in the chest and sent to the ground. I hesitated getting up because he had managed to hit me where I was shot and for some reason it hurt more than it usually would. I stepped up to the line and started to feel really hot and clammy and it seemed as though I was fading in and out.

"Nate... Nate I can't..." I stuttered.

"Relax, man, you got this." He encouraged.

"No... Nate, I can-" I collapsed before I could finish.

I woke up in the hospital with both Nathan, Lucas, and Haley above me.

"The game?" I asked, starting to sit up.

"We won..." Lucas sighed.

"So, why are we so sad?" 

"Tobin... you fainted. Your heart literally stopped..." Haley cried, "We lost you for a moment."

"The doctor said you're done, Tobes..." Nathan sighed, exiting the room with Lucas.

"Did anyone notify Brooke?" I said.

Haley nodded, "She wanted to be here, Toby."

**A few months later**

I sat in Brooke's apartment, ready to surprise her with a nice dinner. When she walked in, her eyes widened and a huge smile grew on her face.

"Toby! Oh my gosh, when did you get here?" She smiled, jumping into my arms.

"A few hours ago! I needed to see you and talk."

"I heard about the game! That's awesome."

"It was just a game considering what happened..." I sighed, taking a step back.

She must have noticed because her eyes turned sad, "Tobin, I wanted to be there. You're okay and I am so thankful... we're okay, right?"

I shrugged, "I love you, Brooke. I do, and you know that... but I can't do this. You have all of this going on, and I am so proud of you for it... do not think otherwise. But all of this, it kept you away from me... I collapsed and almost died, Brooke. You should have been there... I could have died and our last 'I love you' would have been over a computer screen." I said, feeling the tears start in my eyes and my heart drop into my stomach.

"Toby, I love you... don't be mad." Brooke cried, reaching for me.

"I'm not mad Brooke..."

**Present**

I was just getting home from a doctors appointment when Lucas was leaving.

"Hey Luke, what's going on?" I said.

"I gotta go see Lyns, talk later?"

I nodded and shut the door behind him. "What was all of that about?" I asked looking towards Brooke.

"I don't know... but this is about to get interesting." She smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*