Epilogue

Cay was just at thirty-five weeks and her belly looked like she had swallowed a basketball and she felt miserable as Isabelle had dropped considerably.

They were just back from the doctor appointment, when Marco got out his phone and started videoing her belly, telling her to turn to the side.

She just couldn't snap at him or say anything because she knew how important it was to him, since he missed all of this with Julian.  He was just like a kid at Christmas.

When he was done, Cay said she'd be right back, she wanted to ask Julian about his class project on family trees.

He was all smiles when his mom walked in.  He had manilla paper, pictures, scissors, glue and crayons spread out on his table, just hard at work, his little brow knit in concentration.

"Mommy, look at how much I've gotten done" he announced proudly.  He started with Nono's family, went to Nono and his wife, Marco's mom and dad, Marco and Cay and ending it was he and Isabelle.

It was truly a work of art and a labor of love, the effort he put into it was commendable and surely worth an A+.

"This is fantastic, mi figlio" Cay bragged.  "Wonderful and I'm so proud of you" she finished, getting up.

All of a sudden, she felt a tremendous amount of pain and then a whoosh sound.  Oh God!  Her water broke!

"Julian, honey.  I need you to go and get daddy right now, tesoro.  It's very important that you hurry" she said, trying not to panic him.

"Okay mom. I'll hurry" he said, a frown starting across his face as he ran out.

She was counting the contractions and right now they were seven minutes apart.  They'd been happening all day, but since she had this with Julian, she didn't say anything, plus she'd just been to the doctor.

Isabelle was coming today.  She was preparing for her dramatic entrance, but Cay was concerned that she was only thirty-five weeks.

Marco came running in the room, as another contraction hit, causing Cay to start her breathing and clinching her eyes shut.

"Oh" she groaned in pain.  Marco looked at her, calmly in fact and said "Is it time?"  Cay nodded.  "My water broke and the contractions are seven minutes apart."

Marco turned to Julian and said "Son, go tell Aunt Jules to grab the go bag and then go find Uncle Dre and have him pull the car around, okay?  This is an important mission and I need my best man on it."

Julian grinned and ran off to do what his father asked, while Cay had Marco take her to their room to change her underwear and leggings.  When she had gotten cleaned up, Marco helped her downstairs.

Her hand was resting under her belly, while she had a grip on his arm with the other one, another contraction hitting.

"Oh Jesus" she sputtered in between doing her breathing.  The house staff were gathered, huge smiles on their faces, while Enzo and Berto suddenly became frantic fathers.

"How far are the contractions?  Are you doing your breathing?  Do you need water?  What do we do?"  Both of them shooting questions at her.

Marco finally told them enough, that Cay was fine and for them to follow in the car.  Cay snickered but was thankful for their gesture of love and caring.

He instructed the house staff to make all the preparations; the bassinet had fresh linens on it, the diapers and wipes were all arranged and within arms reach, the onesies were all organized and a couple of blankets were folded and at the ready.