Chapter 65

Marco was one hundred percent positive that his men and leaders knew their role in this plan and in exactly one hour, they would be descending on, and kicking a$$, capturing Whitford, and bringing him back for justice.

All the intel still showed Braeden keeping to his schedule and they had been intercepting cell phone calls as well, which helped immensely.

Marco still had one side of the headphones up to his ear, when he heard a familiar voice speaking with Whitford.

"I couldn't find out the time or the date, it's all being kept under wraps and I swear the cagnas here are as tight lipped as a virgin, but they are planning on taking you and your immediate soldiers back with them."

He couldn't believe it!  Cristiano!  He had just been helping his wife in the kitchen the morning before!

Marco felt a slow rage start to burn inside of him, from his feet all the way up to his head.  He would deal with him, alright, they took care of traitors differently.

Taking his burner phone out, he made an unscheduled call to Carmine, telling him to tell his wife that she needed to make Cristiano some tea or coffee and implement what they had talked about.  Sleeping Beauty.

Marco had made sure, early on when Cay came back into his life, that she have a powerful sleeping drug, in powder form, should she ever find herself in a situation that warranted it.  This one did.

"Marco what's wrong?"  Came the immediate concerned voice of his consigliere. 

"Where's Cristiano?" He asked sharply.  "He's playing with Julian" Carmine said.  "F*ck!" Shouted Marco.

"Marco, for sh*t's sake tell me what's going on?" Carmine asked again.

"Tell Cay to implement Sleeping Beauty and when it's done, you secure him, Carmine.  I meant it, and then you call me right back.  Capire?" Marco barked.

"Si, boss.  I understand.  Stand by" Carmine said, hanging up the phone.

Marco noticed Andre was next to him and asked what was going on.  "We've got a big, fat rat in our midst, fratello.  I just overhead a conversation between Whitford and Cristiano.  Carmine's taking care of it and will put him on ice until we get back."

"What the actual f*ck?" Dre hissed, pissed off at this news.  "I don't understand" Dre said.  "Perche'? (Why)" he questioned.

Marco's jaw clinched.  "I don't know but I sure as f*ck intend to find out."

Not quite at the thirty minute mark, Marco's cell phone vibrated silently in his hand.

"Speak" he said as he dug around in his pocket for a cigarette, finding his last one, he placed it between his lips and lit it.

Carmine was chuckling.  "It's done boss.  Our Donna certainly is a fiery little gattina."

Marco couldn't help but relax and smirk at Carmine's spot on description of his wife.

"What happened?" Marco asked while taking a long drag.  "She was so smooth when she slipped that cagna his coffee and as soon as he was out, she hauled off and slugged him in the jaw!  Knocked him right out of his chair!"  Carmine was full on laughing now.

Then the conversation turned serious.  "He's being held in The Cells, locked down tighter than a chastity belt.  He's not going anywhere" Carmine reiterated.

"Alright.  Good work.  I will make the call tonight, don't know when exactly, but as soon as the mission is complete" Marco told his man.

"Alright boss.  Good luck" Carmine said before hanging up.

By the time Marco got off the phone, his men were assembled and ready, as were his leads.  He took a moment to look over the loyal crew that was standing before him.

"Lasciare che la giustizia e' servita! (Let justice be served!)" Marco roared as his men lifted their weapons and repeated his motto.

Marco was in the lead SUV, while Dre was in the second, Umberto in the third, Vittorio the fourth and Enzo in the fifth.

One more SUV followed with more weapons and ammo and the last one would serve as an ambulance if needed.

Everyone of them was equipped with night vision glasses, so as soon as they turned onto the final piece of dirt road, Marco picked up his two-way and said "Go dark!  Repeat!  Go dark!"

Instantly the area around them was plunged into total pitch black.  Whitford would never see them coming.

They all parked at the designated area, deployed from their vehicles and from then on out, it was hand signals, as the group went radio silent as well.

They found the house, lit up like Christmas and it was no problem surrounding the structure and once they were in position, Marco gave the hand signal, which traveled all the way around, and they moved in slowly, like a well oiled machine.

One team breached the basement door, another team went through the front, two teams were on the roof, one team flanked the back and the final team flanked the front.

It sounded like the Fourth of July as single shots sounded off, cracking through the stillness of the night. 

Whitford's men were the only ones making noise, then everything stopped.  Forty-five seconds in, Marco's voice was heard over the two-way again, asking each team to check in.

Everyone was accounted for, none of his men were lost and Whitford was captured, but something was off, he seemed too calm.

With this heavy on his mind, they made their way back to the hangar and prepared the prisoners for their flight.

Each injected with a powerful sleep aid, they were shackled and transported to the plane.

Once they were in the air, Marco called Carmine.

"We have Whitford" Marco's tired voice came through.  "Excellent!" Carmine said.

"He was just too calm about it all, Carm.  We need to step up the interrogation of Cristiano.  Something's not right.  We'll be landing in a while, secure the prisoners and then the main house.  Please tell Cay and Jules."

"Will do boss and congratulations" Carmine said.

"Yeah" Marco muttered, hanging up and lighting a cigarette, then staring at his unconscious enemy, he said...

"What game are you playing at?"