Chapter 80

(Please don't hate on me with this chapter.  I'm just trying to keep it real.  Sometimes you have to get through the rocky, to find the smooth)

Cay was now at 25 weeks and it was time for her next sonogram and getting Marco to come with might prove more of a chore than she thought.

It was going on three weeks since the incident with Adelaide and he had moved into the anger part of his five stages.

He'd yelled at Julian several times, reducing their child to tears and now he didn't want to be near his dad, so Cay sent him to be with Dre's aunt Cecilia to get him away from this battlefield.

Dre and Carmine both said at meetings, with the other heads, he was angry and hostile, but because he had such a good reputation, they were letting it slide, but not for much longer.  Something had to give.

The heads didn't know all of the details, they just thought he'd been drugged and tortured and it was considered a badge of honor in their world and while they celebrated it, the wives had to pick up the pieces.

She went to the house gym, and the only reason she knew he was there was because he and Enzo had gotten into it and beat the sh*t out of each other.

When she walked in, he was still beating the bag, without gloves, and he was turning his knuckles into hamburger.

She picked up a first aid kit and walked towards him, he saw her, but chose to ignore her until she stepped behind the bag.  He had to quit or the bag would have hit her in the belly.

"What now?" He asked, irritation lacing his voice.  "Let me see your hands" she replied softly.

"No" he snapped, but she reached for him anyway.  Big mistake.  He grabbed her wrist and twisted.  His eyes blazed angrily, not even realizing he had her, much less was that he was hurting her.

Cay didn't flinch, even though it hurt like hell, she stood her ground, and now several of his men had walked in and witnessed his actions.

"Let.go.now" Cay seethed between gritted teeth.  It was like he'd disappeared inside his anger and then came back.  He was more than angry, he was raging.

His built up arms were testimony to that, and his chest; he'd been coming to the gym nonstop and she would have rather that then going to Assets, but his increased strength put her on the defensive.

He slowly let go on his grip, her wrist already red and probably would bruise now.

She calmly put down the first aid kit and stepped to him, causing his men to move forward, protecting her, not him.

"You had best remember not to put your hands on me in anger anymore.  I will take Julian and we will leave" she said only where he could hear.

She turned on her heels and walked quickly from the room, holding back her emotions with all her strength, until she could be alone.

The men knew better than to try and stop her, but Enzo and Berto did follow her, just to make sure she was okay, but she was far from it.

Cay ducked inside one of the guest bathrooms and broke down, sobbing.  She knew it wasn't his fault, but she would never excuse his behavior and she knew she was strong enough to leave, if she had to, and they would be fine.

Getting herself together, she had to face Dr. Marchand, who drove all the way out to the safe house, again.

That was another thing, Cay wanted to go home.  She was sick of the safe house and as far as she was concerned, the threat was gone.