Chapter 10

Marco had been home for a week now and there were definite changes that had taken place while he was gone, and the reason he knew was because Nono and Jules were the ones acting strange.

Well he was going to find out what it was and put a stop to it and call his grandfather and sister out on it. He only took Dre with him because he was trying to be inconspicuous and stay under the radar.

They pulled up against a sidewalk which looked like it was attached to a school and Marco watched Jules climb down from the SUV, look around, like she was waiting for someone and then he saw her.

She'd been out of his life for four years but she almost looked the same, except her hair was longer and she looked like she'd lost weight.

He and Dre sat there for a moment, just looking at each other and then he got the answer to his question and it was in the form of a little dark haired boy who came running up to Jules and when he greeted her, he called her Aunt Jules and the next thing to happen, that really knocked the breath from his body, was the interaction between him and Cay.

"Mommy!" The little boy yelled out as he jumped into her arms. He watched her smile at him and ruffle his hair, making him growl and say "Mom!" Jesus, could it be?

Marco looked at his best friend who's eyes remained glued on the unfolding scene in front of them, when all hell broke loose. Cay's body started swaying, Jules screamed and the little boy just stood there like he was frozen.

He jumped out of the car and Dre right behind him as they both reached Cay at the same time, Marco on his knees beside the passed out woman.

"Cay? Baby? Come on, come back to me" his tone sounded restricted as Jules laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. "We need to get her home, brother." He looked up at her and nodded, then caught her wrist and said "You have some explaining to do." "Yes I do and so do you" she shot back.

Now was not the time as he picked up Cay, while Jules took the little boy's hand, bent down and whispered something making him smile and get in the car with her.

Marco had Andre open the back door and he slid in with Cay in his lap, never thinking in a million years that he'd be this close to her again.

He took time to take her in. She had the same beautiful face, her lips still full and inviting, the memories that came rushing back to the night he first kissed her were overwhelming.

Sighing, he placed a kiss on her forehead and said "Oh Cay, where have you been and what's gone on with you?" Dre kept looking at him through the rear view mirror, wanting the same answers he did.

When they finally arrived at the compound, Marco was met by his Nono and Stefano and if Marco didn't imagine it, he saw the man visibly swallow hard. That was interesting Marco thought but right now there were more important matters to attend to.

Nono looked at Jules and asked "Did it happen again?" His granddaughter nodded but Marco noticed that the older smiled when he saw Cay in his arms, walking towards the stairs.

"I'm taking her to my room" Marco said as his sister and the little boy followed. "Everything will be fine, Julian" he heard his Nono address the little boy and watched him flash a familiar smirk back.

God he felt like his world had been turned upside down and what he thought he knew about that night four years ago, he has discovered that he really had no idea.

Placing Cay gently on his bed, he stood up and looked at Jules, then the child and the back at Jules again. "Jules can you give us a moment?" Marco asked his sister.