Chapter 1

Due to hateful and rude comments regarding the publishing of this book I have decided to republish it.  You're welcome....

I want to give a special shout out to @level-up-ksl1 for this story idea!  You rock!

(Picture of Aerin (pronounced like Erin) Cayanne Daniels)

Cay stared at herself in her bathroom mirror. She'd just turned twenty-one yesterday; no one knew this but her.  Why? Because she was alone in this world. She had no family.

She never knew her father, her grandparents had passed away years ago and up until two months ago, it was just her and her mom and then a car accident took her from this world, leaving Cay to fend for herself.

She'd been left a small beneficiary insurance policy of seventy-five thousand dollars, which may not seem like a lot but to Cayanne it was everything.

She had a small estate sale, which contained furniture, mostly, clothes and some of her mother's paintings. Cay had already set aside the items she wanted to keep and after selling the rest, she found a small, decent efficiency apartment.

With the money from the sale and a little bit of the insurance money, she got modest furniture and decorated her apartment with the rest of the things from their home.

She would be getting the money from the sale of the house and was going to invest it right away as well as putting the insurance money into savings and some other investment vehicles.

She had enough to live modestly, had enough food, clothing and shoes and had never been one for the materialistic lifestyle. That's why working in a local coffee shop suited her to a T.

Cay had light brown hair, which hung just to her bra strap, blue-gray eyes, adorable dimples, a gorgeously formed nose and mouth and beautiful, straight, white teeth, which when she smiled, could light up a city and last but not least, a tattoo on her lower back, the Chinese symbol for family.

She was five four, weighed around one hundred ten pounds, she had nice breasts and curvy butt and much to her chagrin, got her a lot of unwanted attention and despite how beautiful she was, she never took a boyfriend. She was never interested because they only seemed to want one thing, sex.

Sighing, she pulled on her tight, stonewashed skinny jeans, her black Chuck Taylor high tops and the fitted, short sleeved tee shirt that bore the logo of her place of employment...One Lump or Two? A local hang out where you could get some of the best coffee, teas and sweets around.

Not too far from her apartment and not too far from Central Park, she could walk anywhere and that is how she was able to keep so fit, walking.

Tucking her wallet and phone into her back pocket, she grabbed her keys, locked the door and headed off to see what the day had in store for her.

As she got closer to the cafe, she noticed it was a little busier than normal but this was good, it meant more tips, which she didn't spend, she put them in a box she kept hidden in her freezer, and the day would go quickly.

She moved quickly through the throng of people to the back room, clocking in and then grabbing her name tag, she headed out to start taking tables.

She noticed the round table in the corner which contained a group of six young people.  Three boys, three girls and they seemed very friendly.

"Good morning and welcome to One Lump or Two?  What can I start you off with today?" Cay asked smiling.  She received genuine smiles from the group as she took their orders.

"Okay let me just repeat your order for you.  One blueberry strudel muffin with a latte, one cranberry orange scone with a mango fruit tea, two sausage toaster sammies with two caramel apple spices and two bacon, egg and cheese croissants with an apple juice and orange juice."

"You got it!" This came from one of the girls.  She was very beautiful.  She had a long, thick head of black hair, ice blue eyes, a perfect model-like noise and gorgeous lips.

Judging by what Cay could tell, she was tall and had a very statuesque body plus what sounded like an Italian accent.  The other people at the table didn't have accents other than the born and bred New York one.

"Great!  I'll go get that started for you and be back shortly" Cay smiled at the group before walking away to place their order.

In the interim, she took care of three other smaller groups, got their orders turned in and had been told the big group order was now ready.

Carefully getting everything on her tray, Cay walked it out to her corner group, successfully sat it down and got everything passed out and then asked how everything looked and if they needed anything else.

One of the guys, who was extremely good looking, made her blush by saying he needed her number.  The Italian beauty smacked his arm and told him to let her be.

Cay said no harm done and walked away, shaking her head as she heard the guy softly whistle at her. She never understood why she got so much attention but shook it off so she could take care of the rest of her customers.

Glancing at the coffee cup clock on the wall, Cay sighed thinking how glad she was that her shift was almost over. All of her customers were gone, except the large group, they were still there.

"Is there anything else I can get for you guys?" Cay asked cordially. They all responded with 'no thank you's' and got up to leave, all but the Italian girl.

"Jules we'll see you tomorrow" one of the girls called out. She nodded and then asked Cay to join her. "Let me go clock out" Cay told the girl.

Completing her task, Cay grabbed another coffee for the girl and one for herself and went back to join her. "Aw, thanks!" The girl who was referred to as Jules said.

Cay nodded and the girls just ended up talking about boys, clothes, art, music and movies. "I'm so sorry" Cay said. "I'm so rude. My name is Cayanne Daniels but you can call me Cay." Jules held out her hand and said "I'm Julietta DeLuca but you can call me Jules."