Chapter 73

The sounds that could be heard were the clicks of Cay's heels and the soles of Marco's men's shoes as they hit the concrete floor leading down into The Cells.

You can do this.  This is for your son, for your daughter.  For Marco and for your famiglia.  It's them or you.  It's a no brainer.

She knew her subconscious was right, so she licked her lips, held her head high and continued to the holding cell where Adelaide Whitford was being held.

Umberto and Vittorio would follow her into the room and the rest would remain behind the two way mirror, watching their queen in action.

Cay had demanded that the woman be latched to a table that could be teetered, placing her head at the floor or standing her vertically.

The woman scoffed at Cay's stature when she walked inside the room.  Even with five inch heels, she only stood at five seven and her body style was petite, not making her seem like a force at all.

"So" she said, her tone condescending.  "You're the little bitch that my Marco married and knocked up."

Cay knew what she was doing and she wasn't going to fall for it, especially when she had the upper hand.

"Well, Ms. Whitford, that's where you're wrong.  Marco is mine and we have two children and despite what you think, what you pulled yesterday means absolutely nothing.

If you were a man, you'd be arrested for rape, so guess what?  In here?  Mi famiglia is the law and we find you guilty and your sentence is death.

But before I carry out your sentence, how did you manage to make people think you were dead all this time?"

Adelaide hadn't answered yet because it looked like she was still processing everything Cay just told her.

Cay walked slowly around the table the woman was latched to, click, click, click her heels taunted.

"Will you stop walking!" She screamed.  Cay giggled at the woman's discomfort, glad she was getting to her.

"It's easy to disappear when you have money" she replied.  "I promised one of the other patients something of value if they could help me stage my death and then I brought Braeden in on it.

Poor weak thing!  He's always had a weak spot for his older sister, following me around like a little puppy dog. 

I was willing to do anything to get Marco back in my life, so I've been working on my plan since then and one day little brother comes to see me, telling me that my fiancé is not only married, but has a son and another one on the way.

That will never do.  He's always been mine and now that we have re-consummated our relationship, I will be pregnant with his child and he'll want to be with me."

This cagna really was delusional!  Cay never raised her voice or let it seem like anything the woman told her was getting to her.

"Marco is my husband and I am his queen.  You will be leaving here, only you will not be breathing."

Cay walked over to the table, picked up a pair of latex gloves and pulled them on.

Next, for affect, she turned on her IPad and brought up the surgical page, then picked up the hunting knife.

"You think you are scaring me little girl?" Adelaide asked.  Oh Cay knew she was scared.  She could smell it on her.

After consulting her medical page, Cay made her way back over to the table, standing at her feet.