Chapter 29

Marco was thrilled to be home and the best part was when his son ran up to him, hugging him as tightly as he could. That was worth getting hurt just to come home to that.

He and Cay agreed not to tell anyone about the pregnancy just yet as she still needed to see her doctor and they wanted to wait until after the wedding, then they would tell Nono, Jules and Julian.

Nono had dinner catered in for Marco, from a little Mom and Pop restaurant that had been around when he was a boy, now their grandson had taken it over and business was still booming after all this time.

They were having baked ziti, rigatoni and spaghetti with a meat ragu, fresh garlic bread, salad and cannoli with mini chocolate chips for dessert.

Cay leaned over and whispered "I could eat a horse." She giggled after saying it and Marco thought it was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.

He thought she looked much better after a shower and nap. She didn't seem as tired and the color had returned to her face as well.

After they blessed the food, Marco questioned Nono on the wedding preparations. "Everything is ready my boy. We just need the bride and groom and the wedding party. All I have to do is make a phone call and it would be set up for tomorrow if you and Cay are ready."

That's exactly what he wanted but he looked over at Cay, to gauge her reaction and the smile on her face told him all he needed to know. Tomorrow was Friday and that meant Julian wouldn't miss school.

"Can you please make the call Nono?" Marco asked, smiling at his grandfather. There was cheering at the table and little Julian was so excited that he was going to be the Best Man.

Nono made the call while Jules told Cay that her bouquet was already ordered, they just needed to let the florist know when they would need it, so while Nono was on the phone, Jules got on hers and called the flower people.

"Well, Mr. DeLuca, it looks like we are getting married tomorrow" Cay said excitedly.  Leaning over, Marco kissed her tenderly on the lips while Julian scrunched up his little nose.  "Ew, dad, mom!"  They couldn't help but laugh at his expression.

After calls were made and arrangements solidified, they finished with dinner, cleaned up and Cay took Julian upstairs for his bath and then bedtime story.

Aunt Jules got a break and went to meet her college friends for coffe, but promised she would make an early night of it and said she would see everyone in the morning.

Nono and Marco retired to the study for a much needed glass of scotch.  Marco opened the French doors that led out onto the balcony and lit a cigarette, while Nono fixed their drinks.

"So we know conclusively that Whitford tried to take you out?" Nono asked Marco.  Taking a long sip, Marco nodded and dragged on his cigarette.  "I'm f*cking pissed that he had the nerve to show up at Julian's school but that cagna is toast when I get my hands on him" he fumed.

Nono understood how upset his grandson was but right now he needed to be the voice of reason.  "Look, he will screw up again and this time we will be ready, but for now, focus on getting married and raising Julian.  When you get back from your honeymoon, what are your plans?" He asked.

Taking another drag, Marco replied "Assets is ready for the soft opening, so I will be taking care of that and then it's off to Morocco for the inspection of the new club I just purchased."