Chapter 67

Today Cay was having her 18 week 4D sonogram and she was so excited, but ever since that passion filled night on the stairs, she barely saw Marco. That was four days ago.

He was either in The Cells, interrogating and torturing Whitford and his men, or he sat in his study, with his men, and they drank until intoxicated.

She had let a lot slide, but she was starting to get fed up with his ignoring her and Julian. Hell, even Jules didn't see him much.

Today would be the test. She had sent reminders about her doctor coming, and if he really cared, he'd be there.

She didn't know what to do if he didn't show up. She tried to tame the bile that threatened to rise in her throat, at the thought of him forgetting, but the harder she tried, the more it came up until she actually threw up.

She headed down to the guest room that had been set up for Dr. Marchand to use because Marco didn't want her anywhere near the hospital unit, due to the fact that it was located in The Cells and that was no place for her.

Dr. Marchand was right on time, but Marco was no where to be found, and she was furious by now.

Carmine just kept giving her that look, the one that said I know, but sorry, can't tell you anything and this mentality was getting very old, very quick.

Finally she told her doctor to go ahead, as they'd waited twenty minutes already and she had to get back to the city for other appointments.

Cay forgot about her errant husband the minute their daughter appeared on the screen. "Oh my" she breathed emotionally, tearing up at the fact that her husband was missing out.

  "Oh my" she breathed emotionally, tearing up at the fact that her husband was missing out

"Look" Dr. Marchand said, pointing to the screen. "She's smiling!" As hard as it was to believe, their baby was smiling! The evidence right there, forever cemented on a DVD.

Dr. Marchand printed out several pictures and then told her the same, old same old. "Plenty of rest and make sure you eat."

She acknowledged her directive, telling Marchand that she would see her in four more weeks, by then she would be at twenty-two weeks.

The weather was finally cooperating today, so Cay dressed in a pastel green fitted sweater, cream leggings and tan Uggs.

She pulled on a knit cap, matching coat and gloves, and decided to walk around the grounds, just to try and clear her head.

The house was full, but instead of saying anything, she just walked past groups of her husband's men and out the back door.

Once outside, she took a deep breath, the frigid air burning her nose and lungs, but at the same time it let her know she could still feel.