Chapter 15

Marco made his way down into the basement and the reasons that sent him there broke his heart.  He was about to end the life of someone that he'd been close to for over ten years, who was part of his family but because of what he did, it affected his blood family and that required the appropriate action.

Stefano was sitting in a chair surrounded by Carmine, Enzo, Bruno, Umberto and Vittorio when Marco walked in.  Marco hated this, he never had trouble killing before but it was different when it was famiglia.

Stefano sat silent, head held high and the only time he showed any emotion was when Marco stopped in front of him, looking down at a man he had called brother.

"Because of your status and the fact that you had served me faithfully and with unquestioning loyalty, up until four years ago, I will give you the opportunity to choose a bullet to the heart or poison" Marco stood with his hands clasped in front of him.

"Because I lived by the gun, I request to die by the gun" was his simple answer.  Marco nodded while retrieving the silencer from his jacket pocket and then asked if Stefano had any last words.

"I'm not sorry for what I did but I am sorry, however, that your son was deprived of you for four years.  I only ask that my family be taken care of and still receive my benefits."  That was all he had to say.

"I give you my word, that your wife and two daughters will still fall under DeLuca protection, they will keep any and all properties and their education will be paid for as will your funeral expenses" Marco told him.

The man nodded in appreciation and before anyone could blink, Marco held up the gun and put one round threw Stefano's heart killing him instantly.  Marco did the sign of the cross and walked over and kissed Stefano on the head.

He then gave instructions to Carmine making sure that the body was delivered to the mortuary and lastly he had to make a trip to Stefano's home and speak with Karitta, his wife.  This would not be an easy visit and if Marco knew his man, he'd already told her what was going to happen.

Carmine also was to deposit money into their bank account and do so every month, just like Stefano was still getting paid.  Ambrosia and Carla would take their father's death hard but Karitta would do right by them.

When all had been dealt with there was no place Marco wanted to be other than home with Cay and later Julian.  His room should be ready by then as well and the thought of his little face would be worth everything.

Getting home and knowing that Cay would be waiting for him, immediately calmed him down and he couldn't wait to pull her into his arms and just love her like she was meant to be loved.

Before he headed upstairs, he had one stop to make first and that was his study and when he got in there, Nono was working on some things and this was perfect timing.

"Nono" Marco said respectfully. "Ah Marco. How are you?" He asked sympathetically, knowing that his grandson had just performed a difficult task. "It's done and I've seen Karitta and she knows that her and the girls will be cared for. The funeral will be announced as soon as she meets with the funeral director." Nono nodded.

"Nono, I need to talk to you for a moment" Marco said getting the older man's attention right away. "What is it, figlio?" Taking a deep breath Marco walked to his safe, punched in the code and opened it. He retrieved a deep pink satin covered box and walked back to his grandfather.

"I want to ask Cay to marry me but I want to know how you feel about this first. We've also discussed having another baby and I want your thoughts on this as well" he said.

Nono smiled brightly at the younger version of himself. "You won't find a better queen and wife than Cayanne" Nono said. "Also Julian would benefit from a sibling. It would give him the same sense of family and its importance as it did with you and Jules. I'm proud of you, Marco."

The two men briefly hugged and then Marco opened the box and showed it to him. He'd also told his grandfather that they would tell Julian together and ask for his blessing as well, since he'd basically been the man of the house plus he knew it would make Julian feel like a big boy.

 He'd also told his grandfather that they would tell Julian together and ask for his blessing as well, since he'd basically been the man of the house plus he knew it would make Julian feel like a big boy

"Marco, it is absolutely stunning and unique just like Cay. You chose well, son. I also take it that you'll want to have a party announcing her and Julian as well, then marry as soon as possible?" Marco nodded. He left Nono to his work and headed upstairs to get his woman.

As soon as he entered their room, he heard the shower and made his way into the bathroom, yearning to join her, he shucked the suit from his body and walked into the misty-filled room where his nostrils were filled with the feminine scent of her shampoo and conditioner.

He quietly opened the shower door and stepped inside, his arms going around her waist, his mouth sucking the water from her skin.

"Hmm, Marco."  That was all she had to say and it was an immediate relief to his troubled mind.  Closing his eyes, he just enjoyed holding her while her hands came up to clasp his at her waist.

"I love you so f*cking much Cayanne" Marco's voice raspy. Turning her around, he pulled her to him and smashed his lips to hers. Marco fisted his fingers into her hair, twisting the strands, then moving his lips to her neck, he sucked the water from her skin.

Her moans filled the shower while one of his hands traveled down her body until he stopped at her luscious behind, gripping her and lifted her up, he placed her against the shower wall.

Their kissing was intense, Cay's hands rushing all over his body making him feel like he was the greatest lover in the world. "Make love to me, Marco. I need you baby" she panted.

Moving his hips back, Marco placed his erection at her opening and slowly pushed into her. He watched her head fall back against the wall as she bit her lower lip. "Yes baby, like that. Just like that" her sexy voice exciting him.

"Yeah?" He asked, pumping into her. "You like how I give it to you?" He could feel her body clinching around his c*ck, making him want to stay buried inside her the rest of the day.

"Come on, mi cara mia. Come for me" he begged and just like that, her body exploded while shouting out his name and then Marco let go of the burning in his lower back as he thickened and released his seed deep into her body.

They stayed holding each other for a while until Marco put her down and laid his head on her shoulder. Her soft hand came up his back, comforting him with the gentleness of her touch.

"I'm so sorry Marco" she said softly. He lifted his head, studying her eyes. "For what?" He asked, his voice rough with emotion. "For Stefano" Cay acknowledged. "Cay I appreciate that, really but he made his decision and he understood that I had to take action.

His family will be well taken care of, I have seen to that and it's over. Another soldier will be promoted and our organization will continue.  But, for now, I don't want to talk about anything other than me, you and Julian.

I'm taking you two out to dinner, that is if we can tear him away from his new room that is, but when we get out of here, there's something I want to ask you."

"Okay" she said smiling and kissing him tenderly.  When they dried off and got dressed, Marco led her to their bed and once she was seated, Marco got down on one knee and her hand flew immediately to her mouth.

But before he could say anything, she yelled out "Yes!  I'll marry you!"  Marco smirked and held out the opened ring box.  "Oh Marco my God!  It's so beautiful!"  Her hand shaking as he slipped it on and kissed her hand and then her lips.

"I love you Aerin Cayanne Daniels" Marco said.