Chapter 19

Cay and Jules talked animatedly about the upcoming wedding and the more Cay talked about it, the more overcome with emotions she became.

"Oh Cay honey, what's wrong?" Jules asked as she fished a tissue from her purse and handing it to her friend.  Cay shook her head, saying "Nothing's wrong I'm just so scared of how happy I am right now.

Marco is back in our lives, I know he loves me, Julian is crazy about him and my love for him came back just as strong as it was four years ago.

He wants another baby with me, Jules!   I showed him everything from when I was pregnant with Julian, the pictures, the DVD's.  Everything.  We're working on trying to get pregnant again."

Jules squealed while Cay just shook her head and smiled. It was wonderful news, the thought of having Marco in her life as she goes through another pregnancy is what she always wanted and now she will have it.

The two woman continued to talk about babies, the wedding and what a doting big brother Julian would be, making Cay smile at this because Julian and her had this conversation many times before.

Reaching their destination, Jules pointed out two stores, side by side, to their driver, he nodded as the other man opened the back passenger door and then followed them inside.

The shop reminded Cay of a shop from the fifties. It had the smell of times from yesteryear, old fashioned fabric covered bodies that clothing hung from.

Yellow fabric tape measures laying about, faded and hardly descernable, except to the trained eye of a professional.

Tomato-like pin cushions adorned the tables, shelves and other spaces along with fabric chalk for marking hems and lastly, sewing machines of every size and function.

They were greeted by an older man, two women,one older and one younger, probably a daughter or granddaughter learning their craft.

"Ladies, how may we assist you today?" The older gentleman kindly said. Jules answered. "We are looking for wedding and maid of honor dresses."

Cay couldn't help but notice the older woman's countenance light up at the reason for the visit. "Mary here is an expert when it comes to helping with these sort of tasks, so just follow her and Jessica and they will see to your needs."

Nodding, Jules grabbed Cay's hand as they followed the women to another part of the store which magically transformed into a bridal store. Cay and Jules looked at each other and grinned.

"Now" the lady called Mary said, clapping her hands. "You are a size six?" The question directed at Cay. Blushing, Cay nodded. "Sweetheart, you have nothing to blush about. You are extremely beautiful and I have the perfect dress for you."

Mary nodded towards the young woman that was helping her and immediately she grabbed an ivory garment bag and brought it to her. Hanging it up on a metal rod, Mary unzipped the plastic bag to reveal the most gorgeous lace wedding dress she'd ever seen.

Just mounds of delicate white lace, the almost non-existent sleeves, which rested on the shoulders, the back of the dress was open with lace encompassing the border of it and the bodice was all lace with the train a mixture of satin, tulle and the lace.

"Oh Cay" Jules breathed. Cay nodded, enthralled by the garment she couldn't find the words she needed. "Ms. Cay, the fitting room is right through there" Mary said pointing to a fabric covered doorway.

Cay took the garment bag and disappeared behind the curtain, taking off her shoes and dress, she removed her bra as well and taking a deep breath, she walked out to where the women were waiting.