Chapter 4

(Continuation of chapter 3)

Cay's walk to work resulted in her hair going completely flat and led to her saying a prayer of thanks that she was getting her hair done in a couple of hours.

She also spent that time going over, from memory, the proper etiquette for formal parties, not wanting to do anything that would embarrass the DeLuca family or herself.

She wasn't sure how they accomplished it, but Maria her boss had come to her after she clocked in and told her, per Mr. DeLuca's request, she would be getting off at noon.

Grinning like an idiot, Cay could not have wished for her five hour shift to be over any quicker than was humanly possible. She'd never considered herself to be a social butterfly by any means, but like Jules, she was looking forward to the companionship.

After serving the tenth customer in her line, Cay looked up and saw Jules sitting in her normal spot, waiting for her to clock out and when she caught her eye, Jules pointed at her wrist like you would to indicate a watch. It was three till already!

Cay brought a small bag which contained a fresh shirt, deodorant and flats. Taking out her wipes, she wiped down her feet before sticking them into her flats, checked her appearance and went out to greet her friend.

They talked animatedly about what color they thought looked good on them, their makeup and hair, all the things that girls should talk about.  Then Jules brought up her brother.

"I think he likes you" Jules said quietly as Cay gawked at her friend.  Shaking her head, Cay said that wasn't possible, causing Julietta to turn in her seat.

"And why not, Cayanne?" Jules asked, using her full name.  "He's just way out of my league" she said softly.  "Cay you are such a lovely girl, you shouldn't think so little of yourself" Jules said.

Just as Cay was about to respond, Andre announced they had arrived at the boutique and it had been closed just for them, which caused them to giggle with delight.

As soon as they got out of the car, they were greeted by Ms. Coltier, the French shop keeper and six assistants.  "Welcome" she said with a smile and the most alluring accent.

"Mr. DeLuca has been in touch with me and said that you ladies are to have dresses, undergarments, hair, makeup and shoes.  Now, let's get to it, shall we?"  Both girls nodded and each of them was assigned a three member team.

Once they had described their favorite color and style, one of the assistants went and fetched dresses, while another one talked about their hair and the last one discussed makeup.

Cay and Jules went into their separate dressing rooms to try on their first dress.  After looking at the three dresses, Jules said she'd found hers already along with the under garments.

Cay's dress would be the very last one but there was no doubt it was the one.  It was a red, off-the-shoulder style, with a dainty lace collar that went around the shoulders.

The bodice and waist portion was fitted and the rest fanned out into a mermaid style train.  "Jules, this is it" Cay said softly as the girl begged her for a look.

Stepping out of the dressing room, everyone fell into silence causing Cay to blush and say "Maybe I need to try something else."  She thought their silence was because she looked horrible, but it was the complete opposite and then everyone started talking at once.

"Cay, you are so beautiful but damn girl!  You are definitely getting this dress!  No arguing, this is the one babe, for sure."  Cay had no choice but to trust her friend and everyone else.