Chapter 12

Marco hired movers, to be at Cay's apartment the following day, but he asked five of his men to follow them over there that night to gather Cay's clothes and toiletries and Julian's clothes, books and some of his toys. His extra school uniforms were there as well.

But what no one knew, except Jules and his Nono, was he had a dear friend who specialized in doing children's themed bedrooms and as soon as they dropped Julian off at school, she was coming to do his room and when he got home from school, he would get the surprise of his little life.

Marco tried very hard not to show any emotions when they arrived at Cay's apartment because he knew she had made the best of what she had.

Nono told him right off the bat at how many times he tried to give her money and she wouldn't accept it, so he'd made a deal with her boss, Maria, that at the beginning of every month, he would give her extra money to add to Cay's paycheck and to tell her it was because she was given a raise and he repaid her willingness to help him with a standing catering contract.

He walked through the modest, clean apartment just trying to imagine his woman and child on a daily basis, going through their days and bedtimes. He just shook his head trying to wrap his mind around it all.

He'd walked into her bedroom, while she was in the bathroom gathering items, when he noticed the picture Julian had told him about. She looked like a goddess in that red dress and he was amazed at how great they looked together.

 She looked like a goddess in that red dress and he was amazed at how great they looked together

"That was the best night of my life" she said softly, startling him.  He turned around, the frame still wrapped tightly in his hand, and said "This is the night we created Julian" his voice rich with emotion.

"Yes it was.  Marco when I found out I was pregnant with Julian I was so afraid you would be mad at me because I had realized we didn't use birth control.  I was so afraid people would think that I was trying to trap you" her voice emotional.

Now standing in front of her, he reached down and pushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear, tenderly gazing at her.  "Cay, no one would have thought that of you" he scoffed.  "You are the purest soul, next to Jules, I've ever known."

She smiled and placed her hand on his, the two of them locked in their own little world until Julian came running in, not meaning to, but breaking the spell.  He had been patiently waiting for Marco to come see his room.

Before he left for his little boy's room, he whispered "Tonight, you.are.mine."  Taking Julian's hand, Marco walked with him to his room and much to his surprise, Cay had done an excellent job of giving him a dragon themed room.

He had 3D stickers of dragons on the walls, he had framed prints of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, a really cool one of Excalibur and a castle themed bedspread.

Marco was drawn to his little bedside table where he noticed the same picture that was in Cay's room.  "Mommy's pretty, isn't she daddy?"  His innocent little voice made him tear up again.