Chapter 77

Marco had been home for a week and still would not discuss going back to their actual home just yet.

Braeden Whitford was still barely alive, rotting in The Cells, and Marco still had no memory of the night he was kidnapped, that is until he started going through the surveillance footage from weeks back.

"What the actual f*ck?!"  Where the hell had this come from?  He thought, as the images played out in front of him.

"Carmine!" He yelled for his consigliere.  His man busted into the room, gun drawn, then came Dre, Berto, Enzo and Vittorio, their guns drawn as well.

"Boss!  What's wrong?" Carmine asked.  Marco turned his laptop towards his men; he'd found the video that Adelaide had sent to Cay, via Marco's cell phone.

There were no sounds, breaths or movements out of anyone in the room as the awful video played in its entirety.

Adelaide's disgusting sounds made Marco want to vomit.  Why did he have no memory?

"Please tell me my wife did not see this garbage" his voice was barely a whisper.  Their silence told him what he feared.

"F*ck!" He roared as he raked everything from his desk, overturning chairs, the coffee table and finally flinging his drinking glasses at the wall making them shatter into pieces.

His chest was heaving, the pain and utter devastation written all over his face was unmistakable.  He had cheated on Cay.

The men didn't move or say anything, they stood there, each of them knowing it was coming.

"Oh Jesus" he cried out, feeling the weight of the world crashing down as Umberto stepped forward, taking possession of the laptop and putting it back on his desk.

"Boss, there is something else you need to see, that goes along with this."  Berto logged back into The Cells interrogation feeds and pulled up the one of Cay taking care of Adelaide.

"You put your p*ssy where it didn't belong.  You drugged my husband, stimulated him and then made me watch you f*ck him.  That's your bad."

Marco heard the words of his wife as she was dealing with his ex and the painful sobs that could be heard coming from his body was heartbreaking, but Marco's men held steadfast their positions.

They had felt the pain for him and their Donna and each man in that room told him as much.

When he watched Cay end Adelaide's life, he slowly closed he lid to his computer and slumped in his chair.

He'd never wanted Cay to be touched by his lifestyle, but here she was, balls deep into it and there was nothing he could do now.

"All of you supported the action she took?" He rasped.

Each man answered, crisply and clearly "Si."

"Marco, she did what needed to be done for this famiglia. That cagna put our lively hood in peril when she took you and she insulted our Donna, in the worst way, by sending that video.

She did what any of us would have done. She avenged us and then took care of her husband and son. That's all you need to know. Do not let this tear you apart and do not take your anger out on her for dispensing justice." Andre told him the truth.

"I-I need to get out of here for a while. I wanna go to Assets and before you give me a lecture, I'm not looking for p*ssy. I wouldn't do that to Cay."

Marco brushed passed his men as Dre signaled for Enzo and Vittorio to accompany him, while Umberto drove.

Once in the SUV, Marco withdrew a pack of cigarettes and put one between his lips; his hands were shaking so badly, Enzo had to light it for him.

Assets was certainly busy for a Wednesday night and that was good for business, but the last thing on Marco's mind was business.

All he kept picturing was what Cay's face must have looked like when she saw Adelaide f*cking him.

God!  He pulled at his hair angrily, as he took another puff on his cigarette.

Berto pulled them expertly into the VIP parking, stepped out and got Marco's door and the men walked inside, through the back entrance.

Only club personnel saw them enter and it was only the club security at that.

Enzo and Vittorio got Marco to his office as Umberto went out to the bar and grabbed a couple of bottles of the good scotch and four glasses.

Slipping Candi, the bartender, two crisp one hundred dollar bills, he told her "We were never here."

"Who?" She replied winking.  Berto smirked and said "Good girl."  Kissing her cheek, he disappeared into the direction of Marco's office.

Marco had divested himself of his tie and jacket, then unbuttoned four buttons on his dress shirt, exposing his ripped chest and tattoos.

They sat at the poker table and while Enzo sat that up, Berto poured the drinks and Vittorio got cigars.

Umberto had two glasses the whole night, because he was driving, but the rest of them drank like they were in college.

And that's when Marco's tongue got loose and he started asking questions.

"I don't understand why I don't remember anything" he slurred.

Vittorio answered his question.  "You were given a large dose of Rohypnol.  It affects your memory.  Very seldom are people able to recollect anything after being drugged.

Marco knit his brows together, trying very hard to process his man's answer, but it didn't make sense.

"Adelaide.  How the f*ck did she come back from the dead?"  Umberto took that one.

He explained how she sweet talked another patient into helping her and then dragged Braeden into her plan as well.

"Why?" Marco asked.  "She wanted you and she was pissed.  You put her there and then walked away.  She still saw you as her's" Berto relied.

"I'm sure my wife wants to divorce me now for sticking my d*ck into another woman" he slurred viciously.

Enzo slammed his fist down on the table, getting everyone's attention.

"Our Donna, despite what she was subjected to, thought of no one but you and this famiglia!  She took revenge for the wrongs and we gave her our knee.

She never once said anything about leaving you and you'd best remember that and not do anything stupid."

Marco scowled at the man, stood up and drew his pistol from his waistband and pointed it at Enzo.

"You best remember who you're talking to fratello.  I will put a god*amn bullet between your eyes" Marco was swaying and subsequently went down, passed out cold.

"Alright boys" Umberto said, picking up Marco's gun.  "Let's call it a night.  Enzo, you call Donna, once we're in the car, and let her know what's happened.  She'll need Dre's help with this one" he said, throwing his chin towards Marco.

"F*ckin hell" Vittorio cursed as he and Enzo got Marco to his feet.

"Cay I'm so sorry" a very drunk Marco slurred before passing out again.

It was going to be a very long next couple of weeks.