chapter 63: apotheosis

beacon hills animal clinic

Scott and Liam walk in, holding up the only surviving Dread Doctor, as I hold the back door open for them. I walk in after them, Deaton and Stiles look at us with wide eyes.

"He's still alive." Scott says and Deaton takes Mason's medical file, placing it aside so that we can lay down the Dread Doctor on the examining table.

"Can you keep him alive?" Scott asks.

"I'm not sure he technically is alive." Deaton answers.

"Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam asks.

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles adds.

"Yeah, I agree with them

"Yeah, I agree with them." I say. "We need to find a way to save Mason."

"Did you hear that?" Liam asks. But no one has time to answer, as the Dread Doctor suddenly sits up. There's a high pitched noise that makes us cover our ears. It even begins to shake the walls. Scott puts his hand out in front of Stiles, and my brother grabs on to his arm. Deaton, Liam and I move towards the corner, trying to get away from the Dread Doctor, but Liam begins to run towards it when it starts walking towards the door.

"Liam, wait!" Scott calls out to his beta. And just like they've done to me, with a simple motion of his hand, he sends Liam flying back into the cabinets and then he lands by my feet. I crouch down, and help him back up.

With another motion of the Dread Doctor's hand, all of the metal objects in the room come together to block the door, not allowing us to get to him anymore. There is a barrier between us and him.

Scott and Liam share a glance and then run towards it, ready to pick it apart and get through to him.

"Stop!" Deaton calls out and the two boys do. "It's electrified." he points out.

Scott uses his werewolf hearing to listen in to the conversation between the Dread Doctor...and Sebastian. "He's looking for the cane. It's the pike."

"They took it." Liam says. "The Argents took the cane."

----------------------

Gathered around the examining table with Mason's medical file open we go over some of the possibilities as to how we can bring Mason back.

"Somewhere in Sebastian, he has to still exist. A spark of energy. A flicker of memory." Deaton says. "Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned."

"He said, 'that's not my name'."

"He finally remembered his name."

"Damnation Memoriae."

"They wanted Sebastian to remember his name."

"Scott you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by it's given name?" Deaton asks.