l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 1

liam dunbar

monday; beacon hills high school

Over the weekend I talked to Scott, told him how I felt, told him I wanted to leave, I need to leave..

He wants me to stay, but he says he won't make me. He had trouble understanding why I want to leave after everything we've already been through, and honestly it's hard for me to explain it, but I can't do this anymore...I just want a normal life.

I think that's one of the reasons Tracy and I got so close. With her, there was no talk about werewolves, berserkers, or anything like that. It was just normal high school stuff.

I've been talking a lot with Mason. He's trying to convince me to stay. He says that I can move but I won't ever be able to completely escape this. I'm a werewolf, it's part of who I am.

He's probably right, but at the moment, I need to get away from all of this.

Breaking up with Veronica was the hardest thing I've had to do. It's for the best though. I knew that if I was going to leave, I needed to do it.

I guess that's why I was acting the way I was with her, pushing her away. Maybe I thought that it would be easier that way. But it wasn't...

Mason asked me if the reason I broke up with Veronica had anything to do with Tracy, but Tracy had nothing to do with that decision. I don't have any feelings for Tracy, I have feelings for Veronica...strong feelings.

I feel like leaving is also a way of protecting Veronica, if I don't find myself in danger here, then she won't be in as much danger as before. Right?

Because I want to protect her, I want her to be ok. Because I love her...

damn it. am I doing the right thing? it's for the best, right?

I should get to class, I'm already running late to Biology.

I haven't seen Veronica since Friday, I'm going to see her for the first time since we broke up.

I quickly walk to class, knowing the bell is about to ring.

For some reason, I decide to keep my head down as I walk into class, thinking that maybe Veronica won't see me if I do.

stupid.

Keeping my head down, I don't pay attention to what is in front of me, and I crash right into her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

veronica stilinski

monday; beacon hills high school

I'm sitting in my biology class, waiting for the bell to ring so class can start.

I turn to Mason who is already at his lab station, his new partner with him. He smiles at me and I smile back.

He called me on Saturday. Liam told him about the break-up. We talked...a lot. Our talks always make me feel better. I told him that I didn't want this to affect our friendship. He's my best friend and I would never make him chose between Liam and I.

"Hey, Veronica." Noemi says, "I was wondering if you have the notes from last week for English? I was out sick."

"Yeah, they're in my locker. I'll give them to you after school."