chapter 14: kicking and screaming

beacon hills high; a couple days later

Classes have ended for the day. We are all in the library, doing our homework.

Mason went home right after school. Liam still hasn't told him anything about the supernatural. Mason suspects something is going on and by not telling him, Liam is pushing his best friend away. Even if its unintentional.

We've been left alone since the encounter with Kate and the berserker and the alpha on the beach.

It feels like we are just waiting for something to happen though. And I can't shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen.

We all begin to make our way out into the parking lot, ready to go home.

Liam is getting a ride home from Scott and Kira. Scott's bike is still in the shop. They are going to pick it up tomorrow.

Stiles and I get in the Jeep and make our way home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stilinski residence

I'm in my room finishing an essay for my English class. We have to analyze a book we've read in class. It's dark out now. Dad isn't home yet, he said he'd be home soon.

"Hey, ima jump in the shower, be right out!" Stiles says from his room.

"Okay!" I respond.

I reply to a text from Liam. With everything that's been going on we haven't exactly had a chance to talk about everything that has happened between us, but that hasn't changed anything. We seem to get closer and closer everyday.

My thoughts have drifted off to the boy with the blue eyes and I decide it's time to get back to my essay. I realize I didn't add the page numbers to my in text citations.

just great.

I look for the book in my backpack. It's not there.

I must've left it in Stiles' Jeep.

I go over to the bathroom and knock on the door, interrupting Stiles singing.

"Yeah?" he says.

"Hey, I left my book in your Jeep. I'm going to get it. Be right back!"

"All right, be quick. Keys are on the kitchen table." he says and resumes his singing.

I grab his keys and head over to the Jeep. I unlock it and find my book under the passengers seat.

I close the Jeep's door and in the window's reflection I see someone with glowing red eyes.

It's her. It's the Alpha. It's Aria.

I drop the keys in my surprise. I turn around and don't even have time to scream because she covers my mouth with her hand.

Someone is with her. A member of her pack.

They grab me and start leading me towards a car.

I struggle against them, trying to escape their grip but I can't.

I kick one of them and they let go of me but the other, Aria, has a firm grip on me and I can't get away.

They drag me to the car and throw me in the trunk. Aria covers my mouth again, making sure I don't make a sound. The other werewolf with her grabs a bucket and pours whatever was in it all over me, drenching me in who knows what.

They slam the trunk closed. I kick and I'm free to scream now, but can anybody hear me? The car accelerates.

I don't have my phone. I left it in my room. I can't call anyone.

what do they want with me? i'm not even a werewolf.

After a while we come to a complete stop and the engine is turned off. I hear them step out of the car and slam the doors shut.

The trunk pops open and I kick it, opening it completely. I climb out and try to run but it's useless. The Alpha already has me in her grip.

We are somewhere in the woods, deep in the woods. The moon is the only thing lighting our way.

They drag me into what looks like a small cabin. It's the only one I see.

"Let go of me!" I yell.

"Shut up!" The Alpha replies.

The rest of her pack is there. I quickly count them. 1. 2. 3. 4. Plus the one who helped Aria capture me.

6 of them in total with the Alpha.

She opens a door. I can't see inside, it's completely dark.

"This is where you'll be staying, my dear guest." she says as she pushes me into the room and closes the door. I fall and expect to land on the floor but I keep tumbling down. She pushed me down the stairs.

I reach the bottom of the stairs with a thud.

I'm in the basement. It's pitch black down here.

I quickly reach down to my ankle. It hurts. God, it hurts so much. It hurts worse than last time. Everything hurts after that fall, but the pain I feel in my ankle is almost unbearable right now.

I take a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

I slowly sit up. I bring my hands to my head and feel something sticky. I think I'm bleeding.

It's so dark. I hate that I can't see anything.

what the hell is happening?

"Are you ok?" a voice says, startling me.

"Who- who is that? Who are you?"

"It's ok, don't worry. I won't hurt you." the voice says again.

I hear a switch and some light emerges from the corner of the room.

I see a girl sitting there, next to a small lamp.

"My name is Celeste." She says. "I'm being held here too."

Celeste. I've heard that name before.

"Oh my God. Celeste? You're part of Becca's pack aren't you?" I ask. "You're alive!"

"How do you know me?" She asks. Surprise clearly in her voice.

"Becca, she's here, in Beacon Hills. She told us what happened to her, to you. She's here because she wants-"

"To warn Scott." She finishes my sentence for me.

"Yes...Celeste, Becca thinks you're dead."

"I know...they captured me after we tried to fight them off. They made it look like I died. They want to use me to get to Becca again...just like they are going to use you to get to Scott. To kill Scott and his pack."

No. Scott and Stiles can't get hurt because of me. No one can get hurt because of me. I have to find a way to get out of here. I have to get out of here before they use me to get to Scott and his pack, before they use me to kill them all.