chapter 72: coffee

few weeks later; stilinksi household

There's only a month left until Scott, Stiles and the rest of the pack graduate. I want to give them something special, but I'm not sure exactly what. Liam and Mason have been helping me come up with ideas and soon I'll go out and buy them whatever it is I decide to give them. But I wanted to do something extra special for Scott and Stiles, something more personal. Earlier today when no one was home I heard a song on the radio and it gave me an idea. So I went through with it as quickly as I possibly could before I changed my mind.

It's 11:17 p.m. and I walk around my room as I wait for Liam. My eyes scan my room and land on the invitation for the wedding. They've been sent out and it seems like everything is almost ready for the big day, which I'm anxiously waiting for. Later this week I'm going shopping with Malia to look for the dresses we are going to wear.

The window to my room is open and I can hear Liam as he makes his way up to my room. He climbs in easily, adjusting his shirt once he's on his feet.

I smile at him as he walks towards me. His lips quickly find mine and wrapped in each others arms, we make our way over to my bed. Liam kisses me but he suddenly pulls his lips away from mine. "Stiles." he whispers.

"Um, Liam. It'd really help if, when we're about to have sex, if you wouldn't say my brothers name!" I tell him.

"No," he says shaking his head. "I think he's-" Liam begins, but he's interrupted by a knock on my door. We both freeze.

"Veronica?" I hear Stiles' muffled voice come from behind the door.

"Shit." I silently mouth. Liam and I quickly get out of bed and I lead him towards the window, where he climbs out, and I close it as quietly as I possibly can.

I can hear Stiles try the knob, but the door is locked. "Veronica?" he says again.

"Hold on!" I say as I walk towards the door. I quickly run my fingers through my hair, take a deep breath, and open the door. "Hey Stiles, what's up bro?" I ask as I lean against the door frame.

He looks at me with narrowed eyes. "Were you asleep?"

"No." I say.

"Why was the door locked?" He asks with a tilt of his head.

"I was changing. Into my pj's. What do you want?"

"I'm hungry." he says with a shrug of his shoulders.

Now I narrow my eyes at him. "You would wake me up just for that?"

"I thought you said you weren't asleep."

I sigh. "I wasn't. But, go make yourself something to eat ok? Thanks for the info. Bye." I say beginning to close the door but he pushes it back open.

"There's nothing to eat here. Plus, I want a burger." he says.

"Stiles, it's going to be midnight soon."

"I know, but there's a burger place that's open till like 2 a.m. Let's go!" he says. I look to the window, and then back at Stiles. "Please." he says.

I close my eyes, and shake my head. "Fine." I say, and he celebrates having convinced me to go with him. "Just let me change into some jeans and I'll meet you downstairs."

"All right." he says and walks down the hallway.

I close the door, locking it again. I go to the window, sliding it up and Liam climbs back inside. "Burgers, huh?"

I laugh lightly. "Yeah. Sorry."

"No, that's ok." he says with a smile.

I nod. "To be continued." I tell him as I kiss him.