chapter 32: strength in numbers

tuesday after school; beacon hills library

The pack was very excited to hear about Becca and Celeste. They told me to include their 'hellos' and all of their well wishes in my letter to them. They can't wait to see them again either.

We are all gathered around a table in the library. I am sitting in between Liam and Mason. We are all focused on our homework when we notice Mason waving at someone.

It's Corey, his lab partner. He waves back and begins to walk towards us. Someone is with him. It's Josh.

"Hey Mason!" Corey says.

"Hey, Corey!" Mason replies. "Everyone this is Corey, Corey this is..." and he names us all.

We all greet each other and Corey introduces everyone else to Josh.

"We were just leaving." Corey says.

"Yeah, we could't find a place to sit." Josh adds.

"Well you guys can join us." Mason says and turns to us. "Right, guys?"

"Yeah, of course!" Scott says and the pack welcomes them. We make space for them to sit and set down their books.

Corey sits next to Mason and Josh sits next to Corey. Josh waves at me from his seat and I wave back.

We get back to our homework, occasionally stopping to chat about things that come up.

Mason and Corey are so comfortable with each other. They constantly turn too each other, one of them whispering something before they both laugh quietly.

 They constantly turn too each other, one of them whispering something before they both laugh quietly

They like each other, I can tell.

Mason turns to look at me, I smile at him.

"What?" he asks.

"Oh, nothing." I reply.

"Veronica, I..."

I put a hand up, not letting him continue.

He smiles and shakes his head at me.

We turn our attention back to our homework and work on it until we all head home.

————————————————————

friday night, martin's household

Last week Lydia told me that she was organizing a girls night, well it's finally here. I've been looking forward to this.

Kira, Malia and Lydia are older than me, but that doesn't matter. We've been through so much together, they are family to me. I love them.

Kira ordered pizza a few minutes ago. She ordered the Hawaiian pizza.

Kira and Lydia sit on the bed while Malia sits on the floor and faces them.