chapter 4: lockers

beacon hills high

The next day at school, I'm standing by my locker. Waiting to go to my English class. My last class of the day.

I feel someones eyes on me. I turn to find Liam, staring at me from across the hall. Our eyes meet for a few seconds and I quickly turn around.

He walks over to me and stands next to me, my open locker the only thing between us.

I can hear him twisting and turning the lock from the locker next to mine, as if he is trying to find the right words to say

I can hear him twisting and turning the lock from the locker next to mine, as if he is trying to find the right words to say. "Hey...ummm...so.." he begins.

"Hi." I respond. Not turning to look at him, but staring intently into my locker at my books.

"I just, I just wanted to say sorry...for yesterday, you know?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it." I turn to look at him for the first time since he came over.

He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back.

"We haven't formally met. I'm Liam. Liam Dunbar." he says with an outstretched hand.

"I'm Veronica. Veronica Stilinski." I say as I shake his hand. "I'm Stiles' sister."

As soon as I mention Stiles, Liam tenses.

He's about to say something when the bell rings.

"I guess I'll see you around." I say.

"Probably. Maybe..I mean yes, I hope so."

I smile at him, close my locker and head to class. As I walk away I hear one of Liam's friends approach him.

"Smooth Liam. Real smooth." he says.

"Shut up, Mason." Liam replies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stilinski household

After school, Scott comes over to our house. We are all hanging out in the living room watching T.V. This reminds me of when we were younger and would gather around the T.V. with our snacks in hand, ready to watch our favorite cartoons.

"Hey, when is your next lacrosse game?" I ask.

"Our season officially starts in three weeks." Scott answers.