chapter 19: the loft

It's been a week since our final encounter with Aria and her pack. A week since we rescued Celeste.

There's no sign of Kate or the berserkers. I guess her plan didn't work out after all. Working with Aria to try to kill us all didn't turn out the way she wanted.

Chris said he's going to try to track her down. He's leaving Beacon Hills. I don't know for how long but I hope he'll be back soon.

Becca and Celeste are still staying with Derek.

Stiles is taking me to see them right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

derek's loft

"Stiles. Veronica." Derek greets us. "Come in."

We thank him and walk in

Celeste and Becca are sitting on the couch and they turn to smile at me.

Stiles greets them and then walks over to where Derek is sitting.

I can't hear what Stiles says to him but it makes Derek roll his eyes.

"So, how are you?" Celeste asks me.

"I'm doing ok, thanks. How are you?"

"Better. Happy to no longer be held captive, but still processing everything."

"Yeah, definitely." I turn to Becca. "How about you?"

She sighs. "I don't know. I mean, killing someone did something to me. I feel like it darkened me in someway. But I did what I had to do in order to protect Celeste. If I didn't do something, she would've killed her, then me...and then she would've gone after Scott. I wish there would've been another way to stop her, but she didn't give me a choice."

I nod. "I understand. We all do. You were defending yourself and your best friend."

"I have nightmares." Celeste admits. "About everything. About being held captive, about the night I was rescued."

"Yeah, we both do." Becca adds.

"I've had them too. They'll go away eventually. With time. It's been a rough couple of months for the both of you. But with the support and love of those who care about you, you'll be able to get through anything. And don't keep things to yourself, it's good to talk to someone about whatever you're feeling. I'm always a phone call away." I say.

"Thank you." Becca says with a smile and pulls me in for a hug. Celeste joins us in our group hug.

We sit there for a while. We talk and laugh. Becca and Celeste tell me about all their adventures and all the trouble they got into.

We're interrupted by a knock on the door.

Derek gets up to answer.

It's Scott, Kira, Malia, Lydia, Liam and Mason. They're all carrying boxes of food.

"Hope you guys are hungry!" Scott says as he walks into the loft.

We get up from the couch and go greet everyone.

Becca and Celeste look so happy, they feel welcomed and loved by Scott's pack.

That's what Scott has always been about; helping others.

Liam makes his way over to me.

"Hey!" he says.

"Hi." I say with a smile.

I turn to Mason, who is now standing beside us, and hug him.

"Ready to eat?" he asks.

"Yes! I'm so hungry." I reply, and we make our way over to the table that has boxes of Chinese food.

We each grab a box and join everyone else on the couches.

For the next couple of hours we all sit together on the couches, talking and laughing.

We enjoy each others company, even if all we are doing is sitting around sharing funny stories about one another or even about ourselves.

After everything that's happened these past few weeks, it's nice to just sit down, relax, and enjoy these moments.

I look around the room and everyone is smiling.

I wish Allison was here.

I wish I could share this moment with her. I wish she could meet Celeste and Becca. I know she would love them.

I look over to my brother, who has his arm around Malia.

Liam takes my hand and gently kisses it. I smile at him.

I don't think I've ever been this happy.

I sit back and listen to all the stories that are being shared, but I also wonder what else life has in store for Scott and his pack.

For me and my friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! first of all, thank you so so so so much for reading my fanfic, voting and commenting! it means the world to me :) this is definitely not the end of my fanfic, but the next 3 chapters (this one included) will be a bit shorter than the previous ones as I use them to transition into the next part of the story! some exciting stuff coming up soon!!! :D

I also wanted to use this chapter to show how Becca and Celeste are coping with everything that happened!

Hope you enjoyed it! :D