chapter 7: we have a situation

beacon hills high; following day

I'm tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept tossing and turning.

I walk out of my class and begin to walk towards my English class.

I see Mason and meet up with him.

"Hey!" he says.

"Hey!"

"How's your day going?"

"Could be better.." I answer.

"Yeah, mine too."

"You ok?"

"Yeah, it's just that Liam.."

"Has been acting strange?" I finish the sentence for him.

"Yes! Something's wrong. He just won't tell me what..."

Suddenly Liam walks right past us without saying a word.

"Liam, wait!" Mason shouts, but Liam doesn't even turn to look at us. He just keeps going. Mason goes after him and so do I.

We reach him and he finally stops.

"Liam, are you all right?" Mason asks his best friend.

Liam doesn't say anything.

"We're worried about you." I add.

"Don't be." He snaps back.

"Dude, come on. I've known you for a long time. Somethings up. Let me help. Let us help."

"Just stay out of it. Stay away from me. I don't want to see you right now. Either of you. Especially you Veronica."

He turns to look at me and I see so much anger in his eyes.

"Liam, did I do something to make you this mad at me? Please, just tell me."

But he doesn't say anything. He pushes right past us.

"Liam!" Mason calls out, but Liam has already turned the corner and is out of sight.

"Veronica, I'm sure he didn't mean that..."

"No. It's ok, Mason. Don't worry about it. Umm, I'll see you around, ok?"

"Yeah, all right."

I give him a hug and head to my English class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stiles drives me home after school and even though I try to act like I'm ok, he knows something is wrong. I tell him I don't want to talk about it and try to change the subject but he insists. I'm guessing he doesn't like being on the other end of this situation. But I really don't want to talk about it and he just drops it, realizing how upset I am.