chapter 34: targeted

beacon hills memorial hospital

I'm in the waiting room, sitting next to Theo. I accompanied Scott in the ambulance and Theo followed us here. I tried to take Scott's pain but failed again and again. So, I didn't block his pain. I didn't try to block any of it. If I couldn't do anything to help him then I'd suffer with him.

I held Scott's hand the entire time until Melissa and a group of doctors wheeled him through a set of doors I wasn't allowed through once we reached the hospital. They insisted I get checked but I refused, telling them I was fine.

I called Stiles after that, telling him everything that had just happened as quickly as I possibly could. Malia was still with my brother when I called and they were already on their way to the hospital when we hung up.

I called Kira and Liam next. Kira is on her way to the hospital now and she picked up Liam on her way here.

Walking into the hospital wasn't easy. The pain and suffering from everyone here nearly made me pass out. Theo helped me stay on my feet. I'm doing my best to block it out, but it's just too much. I've never had to block out this much pain before. I can block out some of it but not all of it. But the pain I feel, even though it is intense, doesn't bother me as much as before. I guess I'm getting used to it.

Scott wasn't healing and I don't know why. I've seen him heal from similar wounds before.

I tap my foot against the floor, growing more and more impatient. We haven't been here for long but not knowing anything is driving me crazy.

That's when Melissa comes rushing through the door.

"I need to talk to you

"I need to talk to you." she says as she takes my hand and pulls me aside. "He has bite marks all over his arms along with the slash marks. They look just like the ones your dad had when he was attacked."

"What? So it was the same-"

"Yes. I already called Deaton, he's on his way right now."

I nod, trying to understand all of this. Whoever attacked my dad is still in Beacon Hills and now they attacked Scott. Are they targeting us? Our families? They must be...but who?

"You need to get looked at by a doctor." Melissa says as she puts her hand under my chin and lifts my head to get a better look at my bloody face.

"I'm fine Melissa, really-"

"No, you really need to get looked at. Come on, lets go."

It amazes me that throughout all of this, she's remained so strong. I admire her so much.

"Ok." I finally agree and start to follow her as she begins to lead the way.

As we pass Theo I tell him I'll be right back. Melissa stops and asks: "Who is that?"

"Theo." I reply. "He came across the accident and stopped to help. He helped me find Scott and call 911."

"Thank you." Melissa says to Theo.