chapter 56: i have all your passwords

stilinski household; following day

I stand in the shower, the warm water running over me, relaxing me. Even if it's just for 10 minutes. After I shower I get ready to head back to the hospital with Stiles. He's in his room getting ready.

We're going to go see my dad, and Lydia. Parrish found her in the woods in the early morning. She was able to get out from wherever Theo was holding her. She's fine but Parrish instead she go to the doctors and get checked out.

The ride home from the hospital was silent. My brother and I have barely spoken to each other after what happened with Scott at the hospital. We haven't even talked about what happened with Josh and every time I remember I can't help but become angry and betrayed.

After I'm done getting ready, I head downstairs and make myself something to eat while I wait for Stiles. As I sit down to eat, my phone rings.

It's Mason.

"Hello." I answer.

"Hey, how's your dad doing?"

"Better. Much better."

"I'm glad. And how are you doing?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

I sigh. "Ok, I guess. I can't believe all of this actually happened."

"It's been insane."

"Yeah, guess that's one way to describe it."

"Mhm. Hey, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something."

"Sure. About what?"

"Liam."

"No, Mason please. We can talk about anything else-"

"Veronica, he needs you. And I know what happened is difficult to even begin to understand but he needs you to hear him out."

I don't say anything, not sure if I want to deal with this right now.

"Please, I'm really worried about him." he pleads.

"I'm-" I sigh in frustation, trying to make up my mind. The image of Liam standing in the hallway comes back to me. "Fine, where is he?"

-------------------------------------

I'm putting my used dishes in the sink when Stiles comes downstairs. We look at each other but we don't say anything. I walk past him and to the couch where I take a seat. I look down at my hands, my fingers twirling around a piece of string that hangs off the bottom of my shirt. "Mason is going to uh- to pick me up. There's something I need to do. He'll take me to the hospital afterwards."

"Gonna talk to Liam?" he asks.

"Yup."

He doesn't say anything, so I turn to look at him. He shrugs his shoulders. "All right, just be careful."

I nod.

He grabs his keys and walks out the door, neither of us saying goodbye.

I grab a pillow and scream into it, releasing some of my frustration. I hate being upset with Stiles.

----------------------------

In the car on our way to the school's library, Mason explains most of what happened yesterday. When he got to the school, he came to the library looking for Lydia, but instead he found Liam attacking Scott.