chapter 8: alpha beta omega

stilinski household

Derek is holding me up and he opens the front door with the keys I just gave him.

He helps me over to the couch and proceeds to the kitchen. He comes back with an ice pack.

"Thanks." I say.

He simply nods.

"Not a man of many words, are you?"

"Not really, no."

I let a small laugh escape my lips.

He smiles softly.

At that moment, Stiles and Scott rush through the door, tripping over each other in the only way those two could.

"Oh, God. Veronica, are you-?"

"I'm fine, Stiles. I'm ok."

He comes over and sits next to me.

"You're hurt?"

"It's my ankle. I think I sprained it."

"What was it?" Scott asks.

"Wendigo." Derek replies.

"What the hell is a Wendigo? Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on? Because what I saw tonight, I can't explain it. But I have a feeling all three of you can. So someone better start talking!"

They are all staring at me. None of them saying a word.

"Please," I whisper, "I think I deserve to know."

"Ok," Stiles says, "ok."

"A couple of years ago, Scott and I went into the woods looking for a body and he was bitten...by a uh...by a werewolf."

"I'm sorry, a what?"

"A were wolf." Derek replies. "Scott and I, we're both werewolves."

His eyes suddenly glow blue. I turn to Scott and his...his are glowing red.

oh. my. god. is this real? is what i'm seeing actually real? is all this happening? i'm totally freaking out right now, i don't even know what to say.

"Wow...umm werewolves. Ok. How come you didn't tell me? How could you keep this from me?"

I don't understand why they didn't tell me. Why they didn't trust me with their secret.

They are all silent.

"Scott? Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"He wanted to." Stiles says. "But I made him promise not to."

"Why?"

"Because...It's a dangerous world to step into. People get hurt, Veronica. People die. I made him promise, I made them all promise, because I wanted to protect you."

"Does dad know?"

"Yea, he's known for a while. He knew you were going to find out someday, but agreed with me that we should wait to tell you."

"Wait..you said people die...Allison. The story about someone trying to steal her car? It's not true is it?"

"No." This time Scott responds. I can see how hurt he is. How much it hurts him to have lost Allison.

Stiles jumps into the explanation of Allison's death. Derek helps explain it to me too. Everything that happened. They explain to me everything that lead up to it. The Darach. The sacrifices. The ice baths. The Nogitsune. Void Stiles. Oak Creek. Lydia being captured. The Oni..