chapter 31: a name to a face

monday; beacon hills high school

I'm in Biology class sitting next to my lab partner Josh. We're currently working on a lab.

"How was your weekend?" he asks me.

"Umm, it was pretty good." I reply.

Friday night after the lacrosse game wasn't so fun. I told Deaton what happened. He said that since I'm barely adjusting to all of this my body resented the pain it was put through and became even more sensitive to the pain around me.

Liam really helped me through all of that.

Saturday was a rest day for me. I pretty much slept all day. I needed that.

"Anything exciting?" he insists.

"Not much. I went out to eat with my friends yesterday."

oops, I almost said p a c k.

"Sounds exhilarating." he says.

I laugh. "Well, how about you? What did you do over the weekend?"

"Not much really, just stayed home. Watched a couple of movies, did some homework."

"Wow." I say. "That must've given you such a rush."

He laughs. "Yeah, you got me there."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

end of school day; beacon hills high

Mason, Liam and I are walking down the hallway together. Mason and Liam are caught up in a conversation about video games. We are on our way to meet the rest of the pack.

"Liam!" someone calls from behind us. It's his lab partner.

"Hey," she says when she reaches us, "I'm Tracy."

"Veronica." I say and I give her a small wave.

"I'm Mason."

She nods.

"Sorry to bother you," she continues, "it's just that I realized I forgot to give you my part of the lab and you won't be able to do your part of the write-up without it."

She holds out a paper for Liam and he takes it.

"Oh, thanks Tracy. I forgot about that." Liam says.

"No problem. See you guys tomorrow." she says and begins to walk away.

"Bye! See you tomorrow." We call out.

We keep walking and find Scott and Stiles at the end of the hall. They are talking to someone. Is it the same guy from Friday?

As we approach them the guy with no name says goodbye to Scott and Stiles, and they begin to walk towards us.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"Theo Raeken." Stiles responds.

Finally. A name to a face.

"Do you guys know him?" I ask them.

"Used to." Scott says. "His family moved away after the death of his sister."

"Oh." I have a vague memory about the Raekens.

"He seems sketchy." Stiles says.

Scott simply looks over at him.

"I know, I know. We have to give people the benefit of the doubt." Stiles says.

Scott nods and smiles

Kira, Malia and Lydia join us.

We walk together to the library and begin our homework before we go home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stilinski household

"Veronica!" Stiles yells from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I shout back.

There's no response.

"Stiles?!" I shout.

ugh. he's doing this on purpose.

I get out of bed and go downstairs where I find him standing by the door with the mail in his hands.

"What? What is it?" I ask.

"You've got mail." he says and hands me an envelope.

"Thanks." I say taking the envelope. "Also, why didn't you respond to me after I answered you?"

"Didn't want to take the mail up to your room." he replies with a smile.

"Lazy jerk." I say and punch his arm playfully.

huh. I didn't feel that. I must be getting better at this.

He laughs.

I walk over to the couch and take a seat. I look at the envelope and shriek in excitement.

"What the-? What is it?" Stiles asks.

"It's a letter from Becca and Celeste!"

Stiles takes a seat next to me. "What does it say?" he asks, now excited as well.

I quickly open the letter and begin to read:

Dear Veronica,

I'm sorry we haven't written to you in so long. We've been moving around a lot and it became difficult for us to write you. Hope all is well! We are still in Central America, but it seems like our trip to Beacon Hills will finally become a reality. We can't wait to see you and everyone else. Te queremos y te extrañamos mucho! We love you and miss you a lot!

-Becca & Celeste

"Wow, it's been so long since we've seen them. Almost a year." Stiles says.

"I miss them." I add.

"Me too. We all do. Make sure to tell them I say hi when you write back."

"I will." I say and I head back upstairs to my room and begin writing my letter to Becca and Celeste.
----------------------------------------------

Hello my loves! Thank you again for taking the time to read my fanfic! I appreciate all the comments and votes. ☺️❤️

This chapter and the next ones will be setting the stage for what happens next in my fanfic, so they might not have too much going on, but it's all very important.

see you soon!

xoxoxo