chapter 64: welcome back

veronica stilinski

It's been a few weeks since we saved Mason. Things have calmed down. There isn't a sense of impending doom looming over us anymore.

Slowly but surely, the wounds from our time with the Dread Doctors and Theo are healing, allowing us to feel genuinely happy.

It's difficult to move on from things like this, but it's possible when you have those you love to support you.

Sometimes when Mason wakes up from nightmares, he calls me and sometimes we stay on the phone for hours. Or if I can't seem to calm him down, I call Liam and he picks me up and we drive over to Mason's house. We'll quietly go up to his room as we try to soothe him.

Sometimes we all fall asleep on the floor. Sometimes we all stay awake, sitting in silence. Sometimes we stay up playing video games. Sometimes we talk.

Veronica. I don't know what I'd do without you. Mason told me.

Yeah, well I feel the same way about you. I told him.

--------------------

week later; stilinski household

The clock now reads 12 AM and my dad and I stand outside Stiles' room, the door closed.

"Got the camera ready?" I ask my dad, who is in charge of recording this.

"Yup!." He says.

I turn towards the door. "Stiles, can you come out here for a sec!"

I can hear his footsteps as he makes his way towards the door. "Yeah, what's up?" I get ready as I hear him turn the knob, and when he opens it, I bring the can up and spray him with silly string. I can't help but laugh as he uses his hands to cover his face, and even brings a leg up as he tries to protect himself from the silly string.

"Happy birthday!" I say, throwing confetti at him as my dad laughs in the back. I being to walk towards the stairs, trying to get him to follow me.

"Happy birthday, kiddo!" My dad says as Stiles walks after me. Dad hands Stiles a can of silly string too.

"Hey!" I protest "No fair, he isn't supposed to have one!"

Stiles laughs as he gets the can ready.

"Well," my dad says, "it's gonna get me out of buying him a present. Sorry Veronica." He says with laughter.

Stiles runs towards me, spraying me with silly string and I spray it back as I rush down the stairs. The two of us laughing, my dad recording from the top of the stairs.

"Okay, okay! Time out." I say. "I have another surprise."

Stiles looks at me confused. The silly string dangling from his head. Scott comes out from the kitchen with two cans of silly string, and I jump on his back.

"Traitor." My brother says and Scott laughs. He takes off after Stiles, the two of us spray him with silly string as he tries to spray us back.

We run around the living room, making a mess but having way too much fun in the process.

Scott sets me down and then turns to look at me. "What?" I ask.

"Sorry!" He replies with a shrug of his shoulders and  Stiles gets on his back. The two boys run after me as I scream, and they cover me in silly string.

Laughter and screams fill the air in our living room, along with the tons of silly string.

Melissa comes out from the kitchen, a can in hand. "Dot worry honey, I got your back." She tells me  as we team up against the boys.