chapter 74: where do we start?

liam dunbar

mccall household

Scott and I sit at the kitchen table, finishing our dinner. I called him to see if he wanted to hang out tonight, and he said he was free so I picked up some food on my way over here. 

I'm saying something, but I stop mid-sentence.

"What is it?" Scott asks.

"I don't know. I just felt like...like something's wrong." 

Scott furrows his eyebrows. He's about to say something when his phone rings. "It's Veronica." he says and I could feel my heart pound against my chest as a million scenarios played out in my head all at once. None of them ending well. 

"Veronica?" Scott answers. 

"Scott, Scott help me please." I hear Veronica say through the phone. 

Scott's eyes widen and he brings the phone down, placing it on the table. "Hey, what's wrong? I'm with Liam, you're on speaker."

Veronica yells out, unable to talk. She's in pain. "Veronica, where are you? What's going on?" I ask her, feeling like it's getting harder to breathe. And I won't feel like I can breathe, until I'm with her. Until she's safe.

"I don't-she took him. He's gone!" she says, desperation in her voice.

"What are you talking about?" Scott asks.

"Stiles! Kate, she took him. They're gone. He's gone!"

Scott's eyes meet mine. Shock and fear on both of our faces. I grab my keys and stand up, Scott doing the same. "Hey Veronica, try to take a deep breath okay?" I say as Scott and I walk out the door and towards my car. "Tell us where you are, we're coming to get you."

---------------------

stiles stilinski 

kate's car

My eye's slowly open, adjusting to the darkness of the road we are driving on. It takes some time before everything comes into focus. My head hurts and I bring my hand up to my forehead. When I pull my hand away, it's now covered in blood.

"Glad to see our guest is awake." Kate says. 

Everything slowly begins to come back to me and I turn towards the door trying desperately to open it, but it's locked. I look back, but there's no one there. "Where's my sister? Where's Veronica?" I ask, starting to panic. "What did you do to her?!"

She laughs, mocking me.

"Where is she!?"

"Shut up!" Kate yells at me, before punching me in the face.

Everything goes black again.

---------------------------

veronica stilinski 

I stand with my back against the Jeep, holding the phone to my ear. I'm hit with another wave of pain accompanied by nausea. 

I've told Scott and Liam what road we were on when Kate attacked us.

"It's not your fault." Liam says over the phone as they drive towards where I am.

"We'll find him." Scott reassures me.

"Okay." I say weakly, trying not to break out in another sob. 

"We're almost there, hold on." Liam says.

There's a sharp pain on the side of my head, like if someone took a hammer to it. The phone falls from my hands and onto the floor. I try to stay on my feet but I can't. My legs give out and I drop to my knees. My vision blurs and I try to reach out for the phone but I feel the pain again. And this time it's so much, that I fall unconscious next to the Jeep.