chapter 58: i'll always be here for you

beacon hills animal clinic

"Why does he need the talons? What's so special about them?" I ask.

"They allow you to absorb another supernatural creatures power." Deaton answers. "I've had them for a long, long time."

We're quiet for a while, trying to piece everything together.

"The beast." Scott says. "He's going to try and take the beasts power. And that's why he needs Deucalion, to teach him how to take it."

---------------------

After helping Deaton clean up the mess Theo left behind, and making sure he was ok to drive home, we get back on Scott's bike and head over to my house.

My dad's asleep in his room and Scott, Stiles and I talk about our recent enlightenment on Theo's plans.

When Scott leaves, Stiles and I sit in silence in the living room

When Scott leaves, Stiles and I sit in silence in the living room. The two boys seem to be on better terms now, and I'm glad. Those two can't live without each other.

It's a while before either of us says anything, but it's Stiles who breaks the silence.

"So, uh. Scott and I had our talk. Guess it's time for ours now."

-----------------------------

Stiles and I talk about a lot of things. About Theo, Josh, Scott, Malia, Dad. We talk for hours. We opened up to each other, which is what we all need to  do. So we can begin to heal, and mend broken relationships. We cried a few times, we forgave, we hugged. My brother is everything to me and I'm glad we can now begin to put a lot of this behind us and move forward. I've missed him. I've missed talking to him. I've missed my brother.

"I love you." he tells me.

"Love you, too."

--------------------------------------------

two days later; stilinski household

In my room, I change out of my black clothes. I just got back from Josh's funeral. It's one of the hardest things I've had to do...say my last goodbye to one of my best friends. Again, the supernatural world claims someone important to me. Going made everything feel incredibly real...and even more painful. Scott went with me. Mason went with Liam to Tracy's. They were both held at the same time. Stiles said he didn't feel worthy enough of going given everything that has happened, so Scott went with me. He held my hand the entire time, and I'm glad he did because if he would have let go I would've fallen apart right then and there.

He dropped me off at home and wanted to stay with me, but I told him it was fine and that I just needed some time alone. He understood and went home, but not before embracing me in a warm hug and kissing the top of my head.