chapter 46: tunnels

tuesday morning

I stand by Stiles' room, debating if I should knock and ask him again if he's really ok, but I don't

I stand by Stiles' room, debating if I should knock and ask him again if he's really ok, but I don't. Instead I go downstairs where I wait for Mason.

I sit on the couch, setting my backpack down next to me. I look out the window, scanning the street for Mason's car but he's not here yet.

I look towards the stairs, wondering about Stiles. Somethings wrong, and he can't hide that from me, no matter how hard he tries.

A car honks and I look outside the window. I see Mason waving at me from the car.

I rush outside, greeting him with a smile.

"Thanks again!" I tell him as I get in the car.

"Don't mention it." he says.

"Here, these are for you." I say as I hand him a bag of Kit Kat's. "I know these are your favorite chocolate."

"Yes! Thanks!" he says, excitement in his voice.

"Don't mention it." I say and the two of us share a laugh before he begins driving to school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday; beacon hills high school

Stiles has been acting weird all week. He's been awfully quiet and he has been keeping to himself. It's not like him.

Every time I ask him if he's ok, or if I ask him about Monday night, he tenses and something flashes across his face, his eyes. fear? regret? panic? I don't know exactly what it is, but all I know is that something else happened on Monday night, something he's not telling me about.

I'm standing by my locker, getting some things I need for my last class of the day, and I'm running late.

I close my locker and hurry to class. The halls are cleared out, the rest of the students are in their classrooms and sitting at their desks.

All of them except me...and 3 more...

As I walked by another hall, I see them standing together, talking to someone.

I was walking so fast, that I need to take a couple of steps back so that they are back in sight.

It's Corey and Tracy. They have both distanced themselves from us. Corey from Mason and Tracy from Liam.

Who are they talking to?

Theo.

Theo? Why is he talking to them?

They stop talking the second they notice me. Theo says something to them and then starts walking towards me. Corey and Tracy walk in the opposite direction.