chapter 29: lab partners

next day; beacon hills high school

It's Friday and I'm sitting in Biology class with Mason and Liam.

We told my Dad about tonights lacrosse game. He was hesitant at first, but finally agreed.

I'm nervous about tonight, but I want to learn how to control this. I refuse to let it control me.

The bell rings. Class has begun.

"Ok, class. Today I will be assigning you your lab partners for this month. Please take a sit next to each other as I call out your names."

She beings to go down the list.

Andrew and Sandra.

Vincent and Cody.

Noemi and Carla.

Liam and Tracy.

Liam looks at Mason, disappointed that they won't be lab partners.

He walks over to where Tracy sits and takes a seat next to her.

Mason and Corey.

Mason and I exchange glances, sharing our disappointment as well.

He walks over to where Corey sits and I can hear them introduce themselves.

She calls out my name next.

Veronica and Josh.

I gather my things and walk over to where my lab partner for this month is sitting.

"Hi." he says, "My name's Josh, but you probably already knew that." he says with a small smiles.

"Hey, I'm Veronica. But you probably already knew that too." I say.

He laughs.

"You were in my history class last year." he says.

"Oh, maybe that's why you seemed familiar." I admit.

He nods.

"Ok class, lets begin." our teacher says as she begins to write on the whiteboard. She urges us to copy this into our notebooks as we will be tested on this soon.

Class continues as usual.

The bell rings and I walk out of class with Mason and Liam.

We go on about our day.

I try not to think about the pain.

I try not to think about tonight.

I try to focus on other things, hoping this will block out the pain.

I have a slight headache and I'm doing my best to push the pain away but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out of my last class of the day and meet up with Mason. We are on our way to meet Liam when I see my brother and Scott talking to someone.

 We are on our way to meet Liam when I see my brother and Scott talking to someone

I don't recognize who it is. I must not know him.

We begin to walk over to them when Stiles sees me and with his hand gestures towards me in a way that says, don't come any closer.

Mason and I stay where we are but we are close enough to hear what they are saying.

"I just moved back a couple of days ago, we were getting all the paperwork done, that's why I missed the first couple of days." says the guy standing next to Scott and Stiles.

"Well, welcome back to Beacon Hills." says Scott.

"Why are you back, exactly?" Stiles asks, but I don't hear the answer to the question because Liam has now joined us.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Liam asks.

"Waiting for my brother." I say.

"So are we going to wait here until the lacrosse game starts?" Mason asks. "It doesn't start for another 4 hours."

"I guess we could go get something to eat." I suggest.

They both agree.

Scott and Stiles make their way over to us.

We tell them we'll be back here about an hour and a half before the game starts, we'll meet them out on the field.

"Deaton will be here around 30 minutes before the game starts." Scott says.

"Ok, I'll look out for him." I say.

Scott and Stiles head out to meet Kira and Malia.

Lydia is going to go meet with Parrish. They still haven't been able to figure out what Parish is but I think they are getting really close.

Liam, Mason and I head out to find a place to eat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes before the lacrosse game

I'm standing with my dad, Lydia, Mason, Malia and Kira by the bleachers.

Deaton is making his way towards us.

"Are you ready?" he asks me.

"I think so." I reply.

but truth is, I am not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello my lovelies, hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

just wanted to say that I appreciate all the love and support, either through votes or comments or both! it means the world to me. 

I know I'm not the best writer and I have a lot to improve on, but I'm glad that you have taken an interest in this story!

also, for clarification, Tracy and Josh will be in the same grade as Veronica, Liam and Mason and Corey in my fanfic..they are all sophomores. In grade 10 :)