chapter 10: mission accomplished

It's been a few weeks since everything happened. Since I was attacked by a Wendigo. Since Liam was bitten.

Liam. Liam and I have become very close. We are constantly texting each other. We've even spent some nights talking on the phone until 3 am. He makes me laugh. I really like him...

Scott is working with him on control. He is still having some trouble controlling the shift but he's made progress. He recently showed me his wolf form and his glowing yellow eyes.

He still hasn't told Mason about the supernatural world. But I think he will soon.

Scott says that it's been peaceful these past few months with no one out to kill them.

But today, this Saturday, is a very special day. It's Scott's birthday!

We are throwing him a surprise birthday party at my house.

Lydia, Malia and Kira are in charge of the food.

Stiles is in charge of coming up with something so that Scott has a reason to come over, and Mason, Liam and I are in charge of decorations.

Mason is in the kitchen setting up the table.

In the living room, Liam is helping me straighten out the "happy birthday" banner. I am currently standing on a ladder, trying not to lose my balance.

 I am currently standing on a ladder, trying not to lose my balance

"A little lower. No, too much. A little higher, higher."

I'm on my tippy toes now and the ladder is tipping over slightly.

"There, perfect." he says.

I'm able to stick down the tape and hang the banner right before the ladder slides out from under me and makes a loud bang as it hits the floor.

I fall and expect to hit the floor hard as well, but Liam reaches me first and I land in his arms. Those werewolf reflexes are really something.

As he caught me, his hands slid beneath the back of my shirt and his touch is electric.

I've never been this close to him. I can feel his breath on my neck.

Our faces are so close to each other.

"You ok?" he whispers.

"Mhmm. I'm fine." I whisper back.

My heart is beating so fast. I didn't think it could beat any faster until Liam starts leaning in towards me and I do the same.

Our lips are about to touch and then...

"Is everything ok?!" Mason says as he walks in from the kitchen with a concerned look.

Liam puts me down and we both take a step away from each other.

"Yeah, I just uh- I fell and-"