chapter 52: frequencies

mccall household

When we bring Corey to Scott's house, Mason is already there. They hug each other, relieved to be back in each other's arms.

Once inside, the questions begin.

"Where have you been?" Stiles asks.

"Hiding wherever I can." Corey answers.

"Why are they killing the others?" Scott asks.

"I don't- I don't know. Probably because they are failures."

"Do you know where they Dread Doctors are?" Kira asks.

Corey looks at Theo and than back at Kira. "No. I don't. I probably know as much as you do. All I know is that I'm a failure too and they're going to come for me." Corey says as he stands up. "They're going to kill me."

Scott stands next to Corey. "He's right. We've gotta figure out a way to stop them."

"Argent said something about frequencies." Liam says.

We think for a moment, trying to come up with a way to use this information against the Dread Doctors.

"Disrupt their frequencies." Lydia says.

"And how are we going to do that?" Corey asks.

"I've got an idea." she says as she takes her phone and dials Parrish's number.

--------------------------

"Malia, what's wrong? What happened?" Scott asks over the phone and then puts Malia on speaker for the rest of the pack to hear.

"There's another one. Another dead chimera." she answers.

"Hey, where are you?" Stiles asks. "I'll go to you. I have a plan."

Malia gives my brother her location and they hang up.

"What's your plan?" Scott asks my brother.

"We'll take the body to the animal clinic. I'll set up the camera to record who comes in and out of the examining room.

I'll wait outside to see who comes and goes

I'll wait outside to see who comes and goes." Stiles answers.

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" I ask, but the question sounds so stupid considering everything we do is dangerous. "I mean, who knows who could show up."

"I'll go with him." Theo says.

I look at my brother and expect him to reject Theo's proposal but he doesn't.

"You guys focus on Corey. I'll take care of this, don't worry." Stiles says.

"Stiles." I say, being torn between staying with Scott to help protect Corey or to go with my brother.