liam dunbar // part 2

I watch Veronica as she walks out of the room. She takes a turn and then is out of sight.

I can't believe this is happening.

I can't believe Sheriff is...dead.

This doesn't even feel real.

"Liam," Stiles says, "go after her please."

"Wait-why?" I ask confused.

I can't exactly follow her into the girls bathroom.

"If she was going to the bathroom she would've turned right, not left. Just make sure she's ok please."

"Yeah, ok." I say and follow Veronica's scent out of the room.

It's kind of hard for me to keep track of her scent in a hospital filled with people and chemicals but I'm able to do it.

I track her scent all the way up to the rooftop.

I open the door that says "entry to roof"

I see her on the floor, crying.

I run over to her.

"Veronica, hey. It's ok."

"No." she cries. "No, no, no, this can't be happening! I can't lose my dad too!"

I hug her, trying to comfort her.

"Let's go back inside." I tell her.

She pulls away. "No! I can't- I can't let Stiles see me like this."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"He's always been the strong one..for me. He's had too. When mom died, when I grew up and realized what happened to my mom...he had to be strong for me. Now I have to be strong for him." She says through her tears.

"Ok, we can stay up here for as long as you want." I say.

She nods.

I hold her in my arms. I take her hands in mine. They're shaking.

what can I do? what can I say to help her? I hate seeing her like this. I wish I could take all this emotional pain from her, like I can take her physical pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while she tells me she's ready to go back inside.

"Your dad might be looking for me, he'll probably want to tell Stiles and me and what happened to my dad. He'll want us together for that."

"Yeah, ok." I agree and help her up. We are walking towards the door, my arm around her, keeping her steady.

As we are about to reach the door Scott comes rushes through.

"Veronica!" he says.

"What? What is it? Is Stiles ok?" she asks worriedly.

"Yeah, he's fine. But Deaton, Deatons here!"

"What? Why?" she asks.

"I called him to tell him what happened to your dad. He's here. And he says he knows a way to bring him back."