chapter 53: despair

mccall household

I sit on the couch in the living room. We came back to Scott's house to regroup, plan out our next move. I can hear everyone else in the kitchen. Scott, Lydia, and Malia talk about what happened to them back at the school. They said it felt like they were trapped in a very vivid hallucination. That's why they couldn't move, thats why they didn't respond.

Liam walks in from the kitchen carrying a plastic bag filled with ice.

I sit up as he walks towards me. He crouches down in front of me. "For your head. It'll help." he says as he brings it up to my bruised forehead.

"Thanks." I say, placing a hand over his hand that is holding the icepack to my forehead. I reach out with my other hand and place it on his cheek. He has a busted lip, courtesy of the Dread Doctors.

"We have to find them." he says and I can see the panic in his eyes again.

"Hey, we will." I tell him with as much conviction as possible. "We'll bring Mason home. Alive."

He nods and I pull him into a hug. He sets the ice bag down beside me so he can wrap his arms around me. We hold each other and I do everything I possibly can to stop myself from breaking down. I don't have time for that. We need to find Mason and Corey.

I'm terrified. Completely and utterly terrified. The Dread Doctors are going on a killing spree and they have Mason now. Liam's best friend. My best friend. The person in my life that knows all of my secrets, all of my fears. The person who always knows exactly what to say, who can always brighten up the darkest of times with his optimism. God knows we need that here, we need him.

I can't lose him. I refuse to lose him.

The door opens and Liam and I pull apart, turning to see who it is. It must be Stiles and Theo. We called them when we got here, asking them to meet us and told them what happened. They rushed over here, not having time to tell us how things went for them. But I didn't expect Stiles to walk in with his face covered in blood.

I stand up and rush over to him

I stand up and rush over to him. "Oh my God, what happened?!" I ask.

Scott, Lydia and Malia join us in the living room.

"Well, whoever is taking the bodies showed up." Theo says. "They took this one, too."

"They flipped the Jeep with me in it while they were at it." Stiles adds.

"You ok?" I ask.

"Yeah. Fine." he responds.

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up." I tell my brother as I guide him into Scott's bathroom.

As I help my brother wash off the blood from his face, he tells me more about what happened at the animal clinic. Then I tell him more about what happened at the school.