Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

*Will's POV*

I knew Jasmine was aware of what was going on. She wasn't a stupid girl. It wouldn't be long before she put together all the pieces. I heard her call my name but I thought it was just an attempt at trying to talk to me. These last few days of the silent treatment were killing me, but I wasn't up for the childish games. I had to stand my ground. It wasn't until I actually heard what she was saying before I realized she was on the phone. My phone.

When I heard from the doctor what was going on, my heart dropped. Charlotte was at risk of losing the baby. There was an accident and from what the doctor said, it didn't look like she or the baby was going to make it.

As I left the house, I felt bad for lying to Jasmine. I knew how much she loved me and I took her for granted. I didn't deserve her. I promised myself that I'd tell her the truth about everything once I got back. It hurt me deep down inside to know that I was hiding this huge secret from my soon to be wife. I wouldn't want for her to ever feel the need to keep something from me so it was time for me to come clean.

As I made my way into the hospital, the familiar scent of germs and death found it's way into my nostrils.

"Hello, I received a call from Dr. Newman."

"Who's the patient, sir?" the receptionist asked.

"Charlotte Moss." I said as she typed on the keyboard.

"You can go right in through Emergency. Dr. Newman is with her now." she said as I rushed through the halls and into the Emergency Room.

I walked past numerous rooms before I finally arrived at Charlotte's room. I opened up the door and walked in. There she was. Her face swollen and bruised, her top and bottom lip split straight down the middle, her hair a tangled mess, her arms wore purple bruises all over and red marks on her neck.

"Charlotte?" I called out as I made my way over to the bed slowly. This couldn't be the right room. How could someone beat a woman so beautiful into this monster in front of me. My cheeks felt wet. I wiped my face, realizing that they were tears. I pulled up a chair to her bedside and took a seat.

"Hello, Will?" I heard a female voice say, entering the room. I turned to see an older woman in a white coat with an ID clipped to the front pocket. "Hi, I'm Dr. Newman, I called you about your friend here."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes, Charlotte is going to be fine. But I have some bad news. We weren't able to save the baby. It was too late by the time she got here. Charlotte lost a lot of blood and the baby ran out of oxygen and suffered a lot of trauma, I'm sorry." she said as my head dropped down to the ground.

"Do you know what happened?"

"Well the paramedics said they got a phone call from her next door neighbors, who reported a lot of screaming and loud banging. They said it went on for hours before they called the police and then it just stopped. The police found her like this." she said looking over at Charlotte. "She's heavily sedated for now. The pain would be too much for her to cope with so we're going to keep her like this for a few days. I assume, I can contact you if I need anything, correct?"

"Yes. Thank you." I said as the doctor turned to leave. "Wait, can I ask you one more question?"

"Sure."

"What was the sex of the baby?"

"A little boy. And I must say, he looked like you. Goodnight." she said sympathetically as she turned to leave. I sat there for a few hours with Charlotte and just thought things over. I knew exactly who did this to her. Tony. I wouldn't let him get away with this, but I had no idea what he looked like. I had never seen a picture of him or anything. I rarely heard Charlotte talk about him. Wherever he was, he was safe for now. But I vowed that I'd get my revenge for him killing my son. He had no right, regardless if Char was his or not.

I found my way back home at around 4 am. I wasnt tired, I just wanted to hold my daughter. I wanted to protect her from everything. Summer was my life. She was more important to me than anything else in this world including myself. I would never let what happened to my son, happen to her. She was my legacy now.

I closed the door and made my way up to her room. I peeked in only to see that she wasn't there. Maybe Jas let her sleep in the bed with her. I made my way into the bedroom only to see most of it empty. I opened up the closet and saw that all of her things were gone. It was over. I was sure of it. She'd found out and now she was gone.

I tried calling her phone but it only rung. Then again it was 4am, she would probably be sleeping. Where'd she go? To her mom's? Of course, she wouldn't dare go back home. Or maybe to Sammie's? I began pulling my clothes off. I'd give her some time to get over things. Saturday was her mother's dinner party so I figured I'd just see her there. When Jasmine got mad, there was no point in trying to resolve things right away. I'd give her some space and time to think things through. I'm sure her perceptions of me right now were clouded, so I sent her a text...

'Sorry about everything. I didn't cheat if that's what u think, but u probably don't care. I'll give u some space. Luv u.'

I turned off the light as I climbed into bed. I hadn't felt this comfortable in a long time but I felt empty inside. I didn't have either one of the two most important girls in my life with me and it sucked. I cried myself to sleep as I thought about all of my mistakes and how to get my family back. I wasn't going to let that asshole Tony win in his quest to ruin my life. It was only a matter of times before we bumped heads, and I'd be ready for that encounter.

A/N: Sorry guys if this chapter is short and not exactly what you expected, but I'm going through something really stressful and heartbreaking right now. I'm not in a good place @ all. I'll try to make the next chapter better, but I won't be okay for a while. I don't want what I'm going through to effect my work but this weighs heavily on my heart and he is my inspiration and my everything. I love him so much and it's hard to imagine my life with him missing for a while. So I'd appreciate if I had your support and understanding guys. Thanks!

ALSO.....

Please check out my two new stories...

5 Minutes To Midnight

How I Fell In Love With A Jerk

......I really want one (or both) of those to be just as good as TPP. So please vote/comment/fan! I won't be posting up anymore unless you guys let me know if they're something you'd read okay? Love you all.

Thanks Erica for being the best friend I never had. I don't trust a lot of girls but you're definitely one friend I need. Love you bunches!