Chapter Thirty Eight

*Will's POV*

For the past few days, that's all I'd been hearing. Bitching and complaining. I know that pregnancy raises a woman's hormones, but I believe that Jasmine was putting on an act. She wasn't like that throughout her 9 months of pregnancy and now she thought it was okay? No way. I was beginning to get fed up. She was nagging just like Karen did, something that ruined that relationship. I really didn't want to make that comparison but it suited the situation.

"Come on angel." I said lifting the baby out of the car seat. "Mommy's being grouchy." I placed her down and turned off the light. She was so perfect. I knew once she got older that she'd be the spitting image of her mother. Summer. That's what we named her. I wasn't really a huge fan of the name, but it's what Jasmine wanted. But in some weird way, it really fit her.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked as I grabbed my jacket off the back of the couch.

"Out. Don't wait up." I said slamming the door shut. She was really pushing my buttons. Don't get me wrong, I loved her to death and I knew she'd been through a lot, especially when it came to carrying Summer, but I hated bitchy Jasmine. She acted so much like Karen, it disgusted me.

I climbed in my car and drove to a bar on the other side of the city.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be home with Jas and Summer?" I spun around on the bar stool to face my brother.

"She's driving me crazy. Since she went into labor, she's been acting all cranky."

"Well she did push a 6 pound baby out. And from what you told me, it is kinda your fault." he said, a smirk plastered on that stupid face of his.

"Shut up. Why are you here?"

"Mom." he said as I laughed.

"Women." we said in unison.

"Can I get a cold beer?" I asked as the barman handed me a cold bottle of Miller.

"So, how's work?" he asked after we talked for a few hours about nothing.

"I haven't gone to work in 4 days."

"Don't you have a secretary? Isn't it a part of her job to inform you about stuff?" Dustin asked finishing off his beer and signaling for another.

"Yeah but I haven't spoken with her since then. Besides I told her not to disturb me no matter what." I said finishing off mine.

"She's a hot piece of ass. Is she seeing anyone?"

"I don't think so. Why?" I asked immediately feeling jealous.

"Woah, easy there tiger, just curious. Didn't mean to offend you."

"Trust me, it's nothing." I replied trying to cool off. I didn't know why I was acting that way. Charlotte was just a pick-me-up after things fell out between me and Jasmine.

"In that case, I'd love to spend a night with her, she looks like some fun." he said as I balled up a fist. Was he doing this on purpose? "So, are things between you and her done? Or you two still fooling around?"

"Done. It was only a one-time thing. And I'm with Jasmine now." I said as he looked at me. Another smirk on his face. I loved Jasmine and I wanted to be faithful to her. I couldn't hurt her again. It pained me to see the hurt I caused her before. And seeing her with another guy is what made me realize how much I didn't want to lose her. She was the one for me. "Besides, she wasn't that good anyway."

"Really? She looks like a little firecracker. Was she lazy? Smelly? What was it?"

"Neither of those. I just couldn't feel it. I felt like I was screwing a bag." I said as he spit his beer out and laughed. "What?" I asked as I heard the barman laughing too.