Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Let me just say that I love my grandparents to death, but there is nothing more annoying then hearing about your childhood over and over again. And what made everything far worse, was the cheek pinching from my grandpa and the boob grabbing from my grandma.

"I can't believe it." my grandmother said grabbing my boob for the 6th time in the past 3 hours. "You're growing up." she said in disbelief.

"Leave the girls breasts alone! You're acting like she's gonna be little forever." my grandpa yelled as my grandmother turned red with anger.

"Don't you talk to me that way! I'm not bothering her, am I sweetie?"

"No grandma." I laughed.

"Your grandfather's just acting like that because he's a Scrooge." she said sitting in her chair and beginning to knit.

"Yeah I've been married to you for 40 years, who wouldn't?" he replied causing me to spit out the sip of juice I had drunken.

"No you're a Scrooge because your little Twinkie down there won't get up anymore. Don't blame me." she argued back as I began to laugh.

"Hey, hey stop you two." my mom said breaking their argument up.

"Well, how long are you in town for?" my grandpa asked looking between my mother and I.

"Good. Mommy's got a place downtown and I'm staying with Noah."

"How is Noah? I haven't seen him in a few months."

"He's good, grandpa. Well, we should get going."

"So soon?" my grandmother asked looking at me sadly.

"Yeah we have someone to meet at the airport." I said getting up and hugging my grandparents goodbye.

"Well, promise you'll come back."

"We will grandma. Love you guys." I said as my mom said her goodbyes and we left for the airport.

LAX was crowded like it normally was. I don't know how Sean found me with this many people here everyday.

"There she is! Wait here Jasmine!" my mom said rushing out of the car as I was driving around the front for the 9th time. I parked my car despite the horns blaring from cars behind me and watched my mother drag the girl to the car.

"You could've gotten hurt!" I said as my mother opened the back door and helped the girl in.

"Oh hush. Jasmine, you remember Nadine. Nadine, you should remember Jasmine." my mother said closing her car door. At first I couldn't believe the words that had just escaped her lips. I imagined it was a bad dream that I was in, but as soon as I looked back, I realized it wasn't.

"Ugh, yeah I remember her." I said harshly.

"Nice to see you again too, Jas." she smirked as my mother looked confused.

"Uh huh, you two are not gonna be enemies anymore. We're all starting a new life here."

"Cassandra, I personally don't have a problem with Jasmine. If it weren't for her attitude, we'd be the best of friends." she said in her most innocent voice as I exited the airport.

"Oh please, spare me." I said as my mother slapped me on the thigh.

"Listen, I'm not going to tolerate that from neither of you. You, Jasmine are my daughter and Nadine is my goddaughter. You two will get along."

"Look mom, not to be disrespectful because I understand 100% what you're trying to do here, but me and her will never be friends. I'll help you two out, but there will never be anything between us." I said as my mon sighed.