Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

"Jas, you ready?!" Will called out as I made my way downstairs.

"How do I look?" I asked approaching him, as he stood smiling.

"Beautiful." he said as I smiled. "We're already late, so let's go." Will said grabbing my hand and leading me outside to the car.

It took us about half an hour to reach Will's parents house. Today was my baby shower. I was against having one since we didn't know the sex of the baby, but Will insisted so I just went along with it.

"You okay?" Will asked as I stopped and bent down before proceeding up the stairs to enter the house.

"Yeah, still having those false labor pains." I said as it passed. We'd been to the hospital twice this week due to false labor. I was in my final month of pregnancy, thank GOD! I was ready to pop this baby out and get my old body back. I felt like Moby Dick.

"Oh, you look so beautiful!" my mother gushed as Will led me through the living room and over to my chair. "Hi Will." she said as he smiled.

"I'll be over there with the guys." Will said leaning down and kissing me. I could tell from the shocked expression on my mother's face, that I'd have a lot to explain.

"What was that about?" Nadine blurted out before my mother had a chance to ask as she walked up.

"Nothing, we're trying to work things out." I said as she pouted. "I haven't seen you in forever." I said as she smiled.

"I've been busy."

"With what or is with whom more appropriate?" I joked as my mother answered for her.

"With Chris."

"Wait, you two are together? When did this happen?"

"That night of Butch's dinner party. He's such a gentleman. I dont know what in the world gave you the idea that he was a womanizer." she said as my mother laughed.

"He did." I said as she rolled her eyes.

"Well he's here tonight. He brung his sister along too, I hope you don't mind. He said she really wanted to come."

"Tara's here?" I asked as Nadine nodded.

"And we have to talk." she whispered. I knew exactly what she wanted to talk about too. The party with Tara. I was about to respond when another contraction hit me. This one a lot stronger than the last.

"Honey are you okay?" my mother asked as I knelt over in the chair.

"Yeah, just some Braxton Hicks contractions that's all."

"You sure? Will told me you two went to the hospital twice this week." Laura said approaching us.

"Yeah, they told me it's common around this time. It's supposed to be helping me prepare for labor, blah blah blah."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Laura, Will and Dustin's mother and this is their father, Bill." Laura extended her hand out for my mother to shake.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Cassandra, Jasmine's mom." she said shaking her hand.

"Oww." I said as another pain came.

"Just breathe through it." Laura said rubbing my back.

"Are you sure you don't want to take that trip to the hospital?" Nadine asked as I shook my head.

"No, this is my baby shower. And look at Will. He's been waiting for this all month."

"Jas, you're practically in labor. Tomorrow is your due date. I think you should just cut the cake now, open a few gifts here and then some later on at home, and go straight to the hospital." Nadine said as I saw Sammie off in the corner flirting with Dustin. Was she crazy? They were so out there, I was surprised that Chase hadn't noticed yet, or maybe he did and just didn't care.