Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

*Will's POV*

The familiar ring of my cell phone woke me from my peaceful sleep. I rolled over and looked at the screen.

Sammie.

Why on earth was she calling me at this hour? Probably about those reports I gave her to finish for me over the weekend. She had been calling me almost everyday to clear something up.

I sighed and put the phone back on the nightstand.

Almost a minute had passed before it rang again. It was Sammie. I picked up.

"Sammie, its 2 in the morning. I'm sleep. Talk to me at work!" I yelled before hanging up and turning off my phone.

She was really annoying me. Every time she called it was to tell me about a mistake she had made or ask me about Jasmine and the baby. I was tired of it all. I turned over and went back to sleep.

The sound of my doorbell and banging woke me up the second time. I turned on my light and looked at the clock. 2:31 A.M. Whoever this was had some serious explaining to do. I climbed out of bed and made my way down to the front door.

I looked through the peephole. Surprisingly, it was Nadine. I swung open the door.

"It is almost 3 in the morning, what do you want?" I asked noticing the expression on her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red, her hair wild, tears stained her face, and I instantly knew something was up. "What's going on?"

"There was a fight." she said beginning to cry.

"A fight between who?" I asked pulling her into the apartment and closing the door.

"Jasmine's father came to California. There was a shooting." she struggled to get out.

"Shooting? Is Jasmine okay?" I asked as she shook her head.

"I don't know. Butch called us from the hospital and told us to get down there now." she said looking at my face for the first time.

"Let me get dressed." I said running up the stairs and into my room. I threw on a white shirt and a pair of sneakers and grabbed up my car keys. "Let's go." I said grabbing her hand and pulling close my apartment door.

We made our exit from the building and into the parking lot.

"How did you get here?" I asked Nadine as we walked towards my car.

"Sammie picked me and Cassandra up and they dropped me off here. Apparently, you weren't answering any of Sammie's calls." she said climbing up into my car.

"Yeah, I figured she was calling me about work." I said starting up the car. "Which hospital is she at?"

"Good Samaritan, I think." she said looking out the window as I pulled out of the parking lot.

We drove in complete silence, except for Nadine bursting out in tears until we reached the hospital.

"Uh, Will, before we go in, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." she started as I let go of the door handle. "I wanted to apologize for everything I've put you and your relationship with Jasmine through. I wasn't right to try and break you up. I just, I really wanted you back. I didn't care about your happiness."

"Nadine, it's okay. Let's just go in and see what's up, okay?" I asked cupping her face as she nodded and we exited the car.

As soon as we walked through the hospital doors to the Emergency Room, my heart dropped at the sight of Cassandra. She was a mess. It looked as if she hadn't slept in days, her hair just as wild as Nadine's and makeup running down her face. I noticed Butch, Chase and Sammie, and Noah all seated around her, crying.