Chapter Twenty Three

My blood was boiling as I sped to my mother's apartment. I couldn't believe the nerve of Nadine. Just 3 months ago when she came, I decided to be the bigger person and forgive her. We were starting a new life and I didn't want to be the one to make everything sour. But the anger I had towards her didn't compare to how pissed off I was with Will. Will and I had become more serious and I was in the middle of moving into his place. Slowly-but it was happening. The feelings I thought he felt for me obviously weren't there.

I pulled into a spot, not caring if I was parked correctly or not. I took the stairs all the way up, making me feel even more nauseous than I already was.

I bang on the door hard, making it sound as if gun shots were going off, hopeful that my mother was at work, which I was wrong about.

"Jas?" my mother questioned swinging open the door. "What happened?" she asked noticing the anger on my face. "Jasmine!"

"Where's Nadine?" I asked beginning to look around the house.

"She went to the store. What's going on?" she questioned her face overcome with worry.

"I'm gonna kill her!" I yelled throwing the DVD at my mother. "Watch it!" I screamed as she put the DVD in the player. The video came on and we watched the whole thing in disgust. I broke down in tears and then I ran off to the bathroom, throwing up again.

"Honey, are you okay?" my mom asked patting me on the back. I nodded and stood up. "Come on. I'll get you some water and lemon." she said as I rinsed out my mouth with a little mouthwash and went out to meet her in the kitchen.

"I had a bad feeling about them."

"What do you mean?" she asked dropping the lemon slices into my glass.

"The night I took Nadine out. She met Will. But the expression on his face, I knew something was wrong." I said in between sobs as she rushed to my side.

"It's okay Jasmine." she said as I heard a set of keys unlocking the door. I jumped up and ran over to the door.

"Cassandra, I'm back!" she got out before my fist connected with her face, knocking her down. My mother pulled me away from her right before a fight broke out. "Ooww! Jasmine, what the fuck is your problem?!" she cried out holding her eye.

"You're a slut! How dare you!"

"I see you got my gift. Did you like it?" she smirked.

"Yes bitch, just as much as you liked my fist to your eye! How could you? I should've known better than to give you another chance."

"He's old news Jas! Don't get so emotional!"

"Doesn't matter! Get out!"

"This isn't your apartment to kick me out!"

"She's my mom and my man pays the bills, therefore I can kick you out!"

"Your man? Please! Will didn't say a thing about you when I was there and we were fucking!" she screamed as I leapt on her and began attacking her. I couldn't contain myself any longer! We began to fight. Hard punches were being thrown, faces were being scratched and hair was being pulled. We both fought our hardest.

My mom stood in the back of us screaming the whole time. Its a wonder she didn't try to stop us this time.

After about 2 minutes, she pulled Nadine up and tried to separate us two, when she kicked me in the stomach.

"Aah!" I cried out in pain crumbling to the floor. My mother shoved Nadine back away from me as I struggled to get up.

"Nadine get out!" she yelled as Nadine had tears forming in her eyes.