Chapter Twenty Eight

Butch's engagement was beautiful. I found myself in tears almost as if I was the one getting married.

Dinner was lovely. I had my favorite, chicken parmesan, and tried to enjoy the company of everyone, but that was soon disturbed by one rude person.

"So Jasmine, how is OUR baby?" Will asked, cutting into his steak.

"Why do you care? OUR baby wasn't a concern of yours a few hours ago while you were with your wife." I said as my mother glared at me. I paid her no mind. If Will wanted to go there, then two could play that game.

"Is that what's upsetting you?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"If you mean the fact that you lied to me, cheated on me, used me and embarrassed me, then yes, that is exactly what's upsetting me." I replied sarcastically.

"You know why she was there." he whispered.

"No I don't. But what I do know is that we're through. I don't want anything to do with you ever again."

"You work for me. You'll have to deal with me five days a week." he replied smartly.

"You think you're so clever don't you? Well guess what, I quit." I popped a piece of my pasta into my mouth.

"You're acting a little overboard."

"Oh now I'm going overboard? I don't think I am yet." I smiled.

"Oh Jasmine grow up. So what? I made a mistake. Everyone does. You knew the person I was coming into this. Did you really think I'd change?" he asked as I fought the urge to spit in his face.

"You're such a dick, you know that?"

"Yeah but you feel like one right now. Get over it. Karen and Nadine meant nothing to me. It was just sex. Obviously, you're the one that's pregnant with my child. That has to mean I had some kind of strong feelings towards you."

"No it just means you were too caught up in the moment to use your simple mind and put on a condom."

"Ditto love, ditto." he smirked as Butch bang on the table.

"Are you two seriously doing this right now? Take it outside." he said sternly. I had never seen Butch that angry. I was too caught up in my own feelings which had distracted me from the real reason why we were here.

"Shall we?" Will asked getting up from his seat. I stood up and pushed in my chair.

"I'll be right back." I told Sean as I made my way through the crowded restaurant and out to the front.

"What the hell is your problem tonight?" Will asked as I leaned against the parking meter.

"My problem? You were the one who started with me! I asked you one simple question when you walked through the door and you just walked off."

"Actually you asked two questions before I walked away."

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you still keeping the baby, you know, now that you hate my guts?"

"Yes, just because you're an asshole and I don't want you around me anymore doesn't mean that my child has to suffer."

"You're really stressing me out. Whatever questions or comments you have, say them now or forever hold your peace because after tonight, I'm not dealing with this bullshit from you anymore."

"Bullshit from me?"

"Yes you. Now questions or comments."

"How long were you involved with Nadine?"