Chapter Nine

TPP: Chapter Nine

"At my party, we kissed. I'm sorry about that. I remember what you said about you not being into girls but you're so beautiful, I couldn't help myself. I thought about you all night. I helped the guys look for you even after you went missing. Just I really want to be friends with you. Oh my god, is this your boyfriend? I'm so sorry!" she gasped as Will looked on.

"Tara, can I call you later and we can discuss this? Now is really not the time." I said as she nodded and excused herself.

"I'll send someone else over to take your orders." she said rushing off.

"Well I must say, that was very interesting." Will said with a smirk on his lips. "I never took you to be the type that was into girls."

"Trust me, I'm not. I really don't remember a thing from that party." I said as he looked into my eyes.

"Too many tequila shots huh?"

"That's exactly what happened." I blushed. "So, back to you. Where did you meet your wife?"

"Her name is Karen by the way. And I met her back in college. She was in one of my business classes and at first I just talked to her because she was a really good notetaker but once I got to know her things changed."

"Things like what? You fell in love?"

"Not exactly. I didn't marry Karen because I loved her. I only needed to get my foot in the door of a very lucrative business and I lucked up because her father had died recently and left her in charge. I knew the only way to gain power was by getting serious with her, so thats what I did."

"Wow." I said taking it all in. He used her to get what he wanted.

"I know I sound like a pig. I just, I never wanted to get married. She proposed to me, five times. I turned her down time and time again but she kept on pushing." he stopped as a new waitress came over and apologized for Tara's breakdown. She took our orders and left. "As I was saying, I finally gave in when she threatened to end our relationship. So I married her. But now, the US company is mine so I feel as if I don't need her anymore."

"How long have you two been married again?"

"4 years."

"Any kids?"

"None that I know of."

"How long have you been cheating?"

"Before we got married until now."

"Will, wow, I don't know where to start." I sighed. "You need to do some growing up. Figure out what it is that you want and do it. If you're not happy with Karen, then maybe you should let her know. As I said earlier, she'll get over it. Just end it." I said digging into my food.

"You know Jasmine, I like you." he said as I smiled.

"I'm glad you do, otherwise I wouldn't have my job." I smiled as he laughed. Will was okay in my book. Sure, he was in a fucked up situation, so was I. But he wanted to change it. I felt obligated to be there to give him advice. There was something inside of me that told me to let him into my life. To share what I'd been through but I wasn't ready to release that onto him. I wasn't sure that I could trust him just yet.

We finished lunch and stopped to get some ice cream before we made our way back to work.

"You know you're the only girl I've taken to lunch, that's not afraid to eat." he said as we stepped on the elevator.

"Really?" I asked surprised. These California women were something else.

"Yeah. Like Karen is obsessed with carbs and shit like that. Can't stand it."