Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

The words hit me hard. I was stunned. Adam was finally awake? That was a good sign wasn't it? If he had been able to pull through the coma, then he'd definitely be able to get through everything else. I read the last part over. What did we need to talk about? I was over it. He disrespected me and Will. There was no fixing us. I had to do what was best for my child.

I cooked us a nice breakfast, which consisted of chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, white toast and apple slices.

"Looks good babe." Will said coming into the dining room.

"Thanks." I mumbled taking a seat next to him. We ate in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. I didn't want to tell Will that Adam had woke up because then he would want to come along with me to the hospital and any conversation that Sean wanted to have would turn into a fight, I was sure of it.

"Okay." he said eyeing me suspiciously. He knew I was lying but he didn't push things any further.

When breakfast was done, I cleared the table and proceeded to wash the dishes.

"I'll see you later." I said as he stood by the front door.

"You doing anything today?"

"I might go pick up my car."

"From your house? You sure that's a good idea?"

"I was gonna ask Noah to meet me someplace." I said lying again.

"You know I know when you're lying right?" he asked grabbing my face. I smiled as he kissed my forehead. "Don't forget to lock up." he said opening the door. "If Sean hurts you or says anything disrespectful, I expect you to tell me."

"Deal. See you tonight." I said blowing him a kiss as I grabbed up my phone. I replied to his text.

'Meet me at the hospital in a hour. And bring my car.'

He replied almost immediately:

'Is Will coming?'

'Not important. See you soon.'

I made my way upstairs and began to get ready. I hopped in the shower and made my way to the closet to pick out an outfit. The phone rang, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Well I can't say this is a surprise. Of course you would be there. Where is Will?"

"Come on Karen. Use the little brain cells you have left. It's Thursday, why would he be home when he has a company to run?"

"You know you are so right. I just thought he'd be there babying you."

"Sorry to disappoint."

"Not a problem. Anyway, just tell Will I would like him to attend a company event tonight. It's very important that he comes. I need his help to seal this deal."

"Now why should I tell him that? You two run two different offices in two different countries."

"I'm trying to be cordial here, Jasmine. Just pass on the message. You can attend as well. I plan on bringing my own date."

"Well why don't you call Will and talk to him."

"Goodbye Jasmine. I look forward to seeing you tonight. Dress casual."

"Bye Karen." I said hanging up.

It wasn't but two minutes that passed before the phone rang again.