Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

The rest of the work week went by okay. Staff members congratulated me every chance they got. Sammie was overly excited, trying to shop everyday or speak to the baby any chance she got.

I hadn't really spoken to Will ever since our little blow out on Monday, and everyday he came to work looking worse and worse.

"Hey princess. How are you today?" Sammie asked rubbing my belly in the elevator.

"It's a boy." I said as her face took on a disgusted expression. "Or maybe it's a girl." I laughed.

"Thank you. So, have you spoken to you know who?"

"No, and I don't plan on it." I said as we walked through the office.

"Come on Jasmine. You get your sonogram today. Don't be like that."

"He cheated on me."

"Yeah but he still needs to be apart of that baby's life. Trust me Jas, my dad wasn't around, and look at how I turned out."

"Just fine." I said laughing as she hit my arm.

"Hahaha. But seriously, look at him. Ever since you broke up with him, he's been neglecting all the important stuff."

"Not my problem." I said as she sat down.

"Ugh you're so stubborn. Whatever." she said turning her back to me.

"Bye Sammie." I said walking to my desk. She had a point but I sure as hell wasn't gonna tell her that. I made my way over to my desk and sat down.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Hi Aaron." I said as Will came walking in.

"Morning Will." Aaron said as Will waived and looked at me before walking into his office. That's when I noticed how bad he looked. His hair was crazy, i could tell he hadn't bothered to brush it, his clothes slightly wrinkled, he had dark circles and little bags under his eyes, and the comforting scent of his cologne had disappeared.

"He looks bad." I said to Aaron who looked at me.

"Well, in a way, it kinda is your fault." he said as I looked at him.

"I'll go speak to him." I said getting up and walking into Will's office. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked as he just looked at me. I stood by his desk.

"You're getting so big." he said looking at my stomach.

"Yeah, I'm 4 months now." I said as he smiled, avoiding eye contact with me. "You wanna touch?" I asked as he nodded quickly. He jumped out his seat and knelt down, placing his hand gently on my belly.

"It feels hard." he said as I laughed.

"Will, I have a doctor's appointment today. Can you come along?" I asked as he finally looked me in the eyes. I could see the pain and regret written across his face and down into his soul.

"You sure you want me to come?"

"Yeah, this is your baby too." I said as he smiled.

"Okay. Just clear my schedule."

"It's been clear all week." I smiled walking to the door. "1 o'clock be ready." I said as he nodded and jumped on the phone.

"How'd it go?" Aaron asked as I sat back down, smiling to myself.

"Fine. He's coming with me to my appointment."

"Good." he said as I got to work. "Can I ask you a question?"