Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

*Charlotte's POV*

For the thirteenth time this week, I was awaken by vomit and a massive headache. I hated throwing up. I decided last week that I needed to take a day off, and go to the doctor. Something was up with me and I didn't like it.

I took a shower and got dressed in some casual clothes. No need to dress up. I pulled my long blonde hair into a messy ponytail and grabbed my bag off the chair.

It took me about an hour and a half to drive to the next city from where I lived. I couldn't have people I knew in my business.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" the receptionist asked as I entered the building.

"Hi, I have an appointment."

"Okay, may I please have your name?"

"Charlotte Moss." I said as she typed something into the computer.

"Is this your first time visiting us?"

"Yes." I replied as she handed me a clipboard full of papers.

"Okay, I need you to fill these out and bring them back to me." she said handing me a pen as I took a seat and filled out the massive amount of paperwork. I finished them quickly and handed her back the clipboard. "Okay, I need a urine sample and then the first door to the left of the bathroom, I need you to give some blood. Then you may come back and have a seat." she said handing me a bag with a cup in it and three empty tubes with different color tops.

It took me almost 20 minutes to get that task completed before I took a seat in the waiting room again. There was a cute little baby sitting on his mother's lap next to me. He was smiling and laughing as she bounced him up and down on her knee.

"He is adorable." I said as she smiled and he showed a mouth full of about 4 teeth.

"Thank you. His name's Peter. Say hi Peter."

"Hi." I said as he giggled.

"Charlotte Moss!" I heard my name called. I waived goodbye to the woman and the baby and made my way into the room.

"Well hello Charlotte, my name is Dr. Marshall, I'll be your doctor today." a tall woman who looked about 40 said smiling as I took a seat.

"Hi."

"Well, I have your results here but I'm interested in knowing what brings you here today." she said as I smiled nervously.

"Well, these past couple of days, I've been feeling really ill. I've been vomiting and I've had a really bad fever."

"Okay, and what were your theories on what it could've been?" she asked with an amused smirk on her face. Was something funny? Did I have anything on my face?

"Nothing really, just a bad case of the flu or maybe food poisoning. I've been eating out a lot lately from new places." I blabbered as she laughed and wrote something down in my file. "Well, you did say you had my results right? So that means you already know what's wrong with me." I sighed a breath of relief.

"Yes I do, but there was something abnormal in your blood that I'm going to have to send back to the lab for them to run a few more tests on it." she said, her face covered with a serious expression.

"Fine. But abnormal in a good way or bad?"

"Honey, not to scare you, but in my 24 years of working as a doctor, abnormal is rarely good. Lie back on the table, I'm going to have to examine you."

"Okay." I said as she rolled up my shirt and began to press around my stomach.

"Does any of this hurt?" she asked as I shook my head. "Any feelings at all?"