Chapter Ten

TPP: Chapter Ten

"Do you need a ride today?" Butch asked as I came down the stairs the next morning.

"No Sammie's outside." I said as he stood in front of the door.

"Look Jas, we're all sorry about what happened last night, we just want to protect you. We didn't mean to cause any harm. Remember, you are the girl of the house so it's only right that we look out for you. We've all grown to love you." he said as I nodded and tears began to form in my eyes. I'd never had a guy tell me that. Even if it wasn't being in love with me, it still felt good to know that there were people who actually loved me and cared about my well being.

"Stop, you're gonna make me cry." I said wiping underneath my eyes, hoping my makeup wasn't ruined.

"Okay, can I take you to lunch today?"

"Sure. I'll see you later." I said walking out of the house and getting into Sammie's car.

This had to be the most boring day ever. Will hadn't come in, so there I sat taking messages, scheduling meetings, and sending emails. Lunch came around and I hadn't even noticed Butch standing over my desk with flowers.

"Hmm, what exactly are you doing that has you so focused?" he asked handing me the flowers.

"Sending out reply emails. My boss didn't come in. Thank you, they're beautiful." I said sitting the vase on my desk.

"Good afternoon Jasmine." Will said stepping up to my desk as if on cue.

"Hey. There are a bunch of emails I replied to and here are the messages. I advise you call David back right away, he called 6 times."

"That's my lawyer. Hello Hulk." he said to Butch who shook his hand.

"Sorry about yesterday. Jasmine is like a little sister to me. I have to be careful of the guys she dates." Butch said as Will nodded.

"Well do you mind if I take Jasmine out tonight?" he asked looking at Butch who squinted his forehead. "Company dinner. She is my secretary, so it'd only be right if she attended with me."

"Oh yeah that's fine. You want to go?" Butch asked as I looked on angrily.

"Again, I'm not a child. And yes I would love to go."

"So just give me your address and I'll drop her off later." Butch said trying to maintain control over the situation.

"No, Will can pick me up." I said getting up and grabbing my purse. "Right?"

"Yes. Are you two going out to lunch?" Will asked picking his briefcase up from the floor.

"Yeah, you can come along if you want." Butch said as I elbowed him in the side. He didn't even feel it.

"You sure? I don't want to intrude." he said as Butch nodded. "Okay let me put this down. I'll be right back." he said going into his office.

"I hope you get a flesh eating disease." I said to Butch with a smile on my face.

"Love you too. And by the way, he likes you."

"How do you know?" I asked as he looked me in the eye with a serious face.

"Trust me, I'm a guy. He likes you. I thought he just wanted to have sex with you, but it's in the way he looks at you. As if your some delicate kind of flower or some shit."

"I'm ready. Where to?" Will asked as we made our way to the elevators. Sammie was tied up in once again another meeting so she wouldn't be able to help me through this torturous lunch.