Chapter Ten.

Another upload! Yay! :3

**

It was so silent, you could have heard a pin drop.

I didn’t have a clue why the place around me was so deserted, but there seemed to be absolutely no one about.

It had taken Jason only a couple of minutes of standing there in shock, until he took me inside the building where we could talk, ignoring the security guards’ objections.

And now, I was in some sort of dressing room, studying my surroundings as I waited for Jason to come back from getting me a drink.

I was so wrapped in my thoughts that I practically jumped out of my skin when the door opened, and Jason came wandering in with two cups of water in his hands. He placed them on the table and then sat down in the seat opposite me, just staring at me.

That’s all he’d been doing. Staring at me non-stop. I kept glancing at him as well, but it was like he couldn’t take his eyes off me. Like he wouldn’t let me out of his sight.

I stayed silent, as I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t think I’d be able to get the words out, anyway.

“Oh my God, this is...” Jason finally spoke, letting out a huge breath as he dragged a hand over his face. “Wow, you look like me.”

I swallowed nervously, nodding as I stared at him.

“Yeah...” I managed to say, though it came out as a whisper.

“I mean...” He trailed off again, “just...shit.”

I shifted in my seat then, not really knowing what he thought of my sudden arrival. He didn’t seem angry or annoyed. He was obviously shocked, but I’d expected that. I just didn’t know if he was happy or not.

I was trying my absolutely hardest not to feel awkward, but I guess it was normal. This was the first time I’d properly met him.

“How did you know where to find me?” He suddenly asked, staring at me intently.

I’d expected me to be asking all the questions, so his sudden inquiry made me short of words for a second.

“I, uh...I did a little research.” I told him, feeling slightly weird while doing so. “Found out you were here and flew to New York the day before yesterday.”

“So...where have you been staying?”

I sighed, not really wanting to talk about it. It didn’t seem to matter, when we had much more important things to discuss, but I felt like he was slightly putting it off while he still thought of what to say.

“In the airport.” I stared down at my hands, my cheeks turning slightly pink.

“Oh my God.” He whispered, rubbing his hand over his face again. “And I’m guessing, by your accent, you’ve been living in England all these years?”

I just nodded. I didn’t know if he would say anymore, but I decided to just come out with whatever what was on my mind. That’s what I had come for, after all.

“I just...I needed to find you.” I breathed out with each word, feeling my voice shake. “I didn’t know of you’d forgotten me.”

At that, his eyes immediately looked up and he stared at me with an incredulous expression, as if he couldn’t quite believe what I’d said.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me?” He said in shock.

I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I’d said the wrong thing, before slowly shrugging.